Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1667294766186.png

William Harley and Arthur Davidson in 1914.

The local Harley shop (Donora, Pa.) where you could buy penny candy and lust over the new bike(s) on the showroom floor when I was a pup.
The motor company closed one of the oldest dealerships in the country to "modernize" the buyer experience. :umm: So much for "Heritage".
Lost me on that one.
0b3dfd3896db6d73c6bdf585e7847884.jpg

Last edited:
This is Miss Lolita soft spoken mild girl with a bit wide behind
No ABS .. No Traction control .. No slipper clutch .Front brakes that can lift the rear wheel.
If even look at the rear wheel brake the back end comes sideways.
Did that twice first year going into a roundabout Used to XS 650 brakes.
But reacted in time to let go.
Mild Until you hit 7000 -- 8000 rpm and the variable intake and exhaust channels kick in
Then the gloves and the smiles comes off. And she catches your attention. Lolita..
Have to focus
Have sent me to 260 km / h and should manage 280 km / h
The handling is well known to be good .. So with the right driver with Cajones and Death wish
there is not many things that leaves Lolita -- behind. On a curvy road.
Even though she is getting older Lolita.
I dont drive it to her capability. But sometimes on the highway I do twice the speed of others maybe 2.5 times
And it is a rush

lolita.jpg

The local Harley shop (Donora, Pa.) where you could buy penny candy and lust over the new bike(s) on the showroom floor when I was a pup.
The motor company closed one of the oldest dealerships in the country to "modernize" the buyer experience. :umm: So much for "Heritage".
Lost me on that one.
View attachment 228991
H-D is no different than any of the other mega-corporations. I own one, but I despise what they have done to their dealerships. I'm a dinosaur, I miss the mom and pop businesses. In the 70's, in my hometown, there was a Suzuki store that was probably only 2500 s.f. housed in a building from the 20's. Fortunately, where I'm at we still have a few of them, but the old neighborhood m/c store where they knew you and valued the relationship, is a thing of the past.

Yup mom n pop type places are how I STILL think of a bike dealership.
the big box MC stores (not shops, stores) a SERIOUS turnoff, can't get out of one fast enough.
Do I really want to talk motorcycle qualities with some babe in heels and a low cut top? um no.
She might know her stuff, but that's not the image being projected.

Do I really want to talk motorcycle qualities with some babe in heels and a low cut top? um no.

....although, the image being projected is not entirely unappealing....

Home Depot_girl.jpeg

Yup mom n pop type places are how I STILL think of a bike dealership.
the big box MC stores (not shops, stores) a SERIOUS turnoff, can't get out of one fast enough.
I bought my XS650 from a mom & pop. That is my only dealer experience. I have not ever purchased another bike or car from a dealer. Other than my original XS650, no other vehicle I have ever owned was purchased by me at a dealer, used or new. I'm 63 and I expect I've saved a fortune being 100% casual sales. The 31 years I lived in Georgia, it meant no sales tax as well.

Those are DEFINITELY not OEM.

You could be right 46th - but I will say that I had a 16 year old girlfriend in highschool who's accoutrement were just about like this gal's - and they definitely WERE OEM.

ahhhh....those were the days......

You could be right 46th - but I will say that I had a 16 year old girlfriend in highschool who's accoutrement were just about like this gal's - and they definitely WERE OEM.

ahhhh....those were the days......
Not believing it Pete unless you post the pics!

Back