Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

(and for Mailman) 1960 Moto Guzzi Lodola Gran Turismo...(unrestored)
Moto Gzzi.png

Older brother bough a brand new disc brake CB450 "74 ish with 2 friens, one another 450 and the little brother a 360. I think the 450's were $729 and the 360 was $679. My brother had a black and magenta flame paint job, 4 inch rise Z-bars and a 2 into 1 header installed.View attachment 231707

Buddy of mine had the 450 scrambler. I had an R5C. Stationed in New Mexico, we traveled all over the west on those two little bikes. In the early 70's they were considered middleweights. One time we went to the Pacific and back camping. Neither bike ever had a minutes trouble on any of the cross countries we took.

Somewhere in Arizona....

R5 and Honda 450.jpg

Jim, isn't it amazing how once upon a time, one could travel all over on 350-500cc bikes (including Robert Persig). Now you.neef at least a 900 and that's a middle weight at best..lol.
Ain't that the truth. And Persig did it two up on a 305 SuperHawk.

Jim, isn't it amazing how once upon a time, one could travel all over on 350-500cc bikes (including Robert Pirsig). Now you need at least a 900 and that's a middle weight at best..lol.
Yeah, we're spoiled. I have an '05 H-D Road King and I want a Indian Chief. 23 more C.I (my first bike was a Kawi S-1, 15 C.I.) and the Indian has 4 more inches of wheelbase. Oh the horrors.

Back