Locking nut on the valve rocker arms

Bucko

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help:D does anybody know what size/type of thread the locking nuts are on the adjuster arms?ive lost one and having looked today it seems to be a very odd size,thanks steve

That's a pain in the arse! Magnet on a stick to find it?
Probably high tensile I'd say, some of the metric threads have odd TPI. Best bet would be to get a hold of a thread gauge to identify then Give these chaps a ring http://www.hawkfast.com/ they're on your doorstep and would be able to point you int he right direction?

Thanks for the help fellas,ive got a thread gauge at work so il have a look tomorrow,i was just being lazy and hoped somebody might know the size:D ive used hawk in the past paul thanks,theyre normally realy helpfull,as to finding the missing nut i dont think ive ever had it!ive stripped the lump right down to check everything over,only noticed one was missing when i went to check the valve gap!

I'm sure it's hardened and since it's a 12mm hex size on an 8mm shank, it's probably a J.I.S. standard fastener as well. The adjuster screw threads right out of the rocker. Take it with you when you go for the new nut.

Just bin it in an envie and it'll be there in less than a fortnight. (Imitation UK lingo there).

Qaulity :laugh: but it should read- it would be absoloutley spiffing if you could take the trouble to pop it along using ones postal service old bean,toodlepip for now

Sorry fellas,should have said,i bought the bike as an unfinished project,first thing i did was strip the motor and bag/lable everything up,i only noticed the bolt was missing after reassembly when i was setting the vave gap,cheers steve

Back