Looking for ideas for a cool tank that sits low on the frame.

lateral4

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Anyone have ideas for a cool tank that isn't a wassell or a peanut that looks pretty cool and sits low on the frame? There is a video of a guy with a 62 ducati 250 wide case enduro tank. It looks sweet, but I can't seem to find one. This is about what i'm thinking though. Let me know if you have any good ideas and if you have pics, show 'em. I'm also not looking to spend $300 on a tank, please keep this in mind.

hi guys,,, somwhere on kneesliders site ,,, i was dreaming .. and here came a neat looking tank sort off ,,,, the guy removed the backbone of the bike and replaced it with a formed 4-6"round pipe which was radius with caps each end then the petcock was cut out and placed on ,,, and the fuel cap ,, then the tank was cleaned inside then welded in position as the new backbone ,, it looked sleek ,,, i don,t know how much fuel it held when full ,,, and you could even extend the idea and saddle say 2 lengths of 3-4" pipe bent and tank welded together then plated and made into tanks and put on as a backbone,,.. it would look radical regards oldboker

Maybe try this? lol
i044110.jpg

I picked up an old harley enduro tank to modify sits lowish...one of these days it will actually get done but if the picture in my head is right then yea it sits low haha

Back