motor mount placement

Myowncreation

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a complete set of mounts off of ebay. This is my first time messing with an xs 650 and I am putting it in a frame I made. Can anyone help me out as to where they all go???

They will only fit in the spots they are made for. Its pretty self explanatory if you have a full frame. Just take a look at the motor and frame and figure out how the holes line up and you should be able to simply look at the mounts and it will all make sense.

thats my problem I built the frame. I need to know where they go on the motor. cI have the far front and far rear and I assume that one of the long bolts goes in the hole under the motor but with the others that have a small bolt going through them those are the ones im lost on. Oh and the other long bolt? Buy the way im just getting into motorcycling, the frame was a fab project for my mig class. Ill figure it out but I figured Id try to use the forum as a resource to make it easier on me.

only issue I had with mounts were the three piece sets that mount the top of the engine to the frame. Here's what they look like assembled. the rest should line up based on diameter hole and length of bolt...

CJQHT.jpg

O6B2N.jpg

The 265mm bolt is the bottom one. The 240 and 245mm bolts are the two front bolts. The top 2 bolts should be M8 or M6 and are the only ones that bolt on the frame that size. There are 3 more M10 bolts that I believe are 110mm for the upper rear mount. I don't know the sizes for the other ones as I am not using those.

Back