New Design for the Site - Feedback - Report Problems

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, obviously I just launched a new design for the site. Let me know if you find anything broken! Feel free to comment here if you have suggestions or concerns with the new design. I hope you guys like it!

The biggest change other than the redesign of the header and footer is the semi-fluid width. The width of the site will now scale between 1000 and 1240 pixels. This will make the site look better for people with higher resolution monitors, but make it still look good for people running 1024x768 monitor resolutions.

This wasn't an update to the functionality or look and feel of the forum. That will come in the next couple of months. So basically, everything within the main section of each page (white box) should work and look just like it did before.

To get this site (and any site) to look the best, be sure you are using an updated browser. By now, you should be using Internet Explorer 8 or better or Firefox 3.6 or better.

:bike:

How'd we get so lucky to have an admin like Trav?
Looks great to me.
Now if he'd just post up his build thread.....

:yikes:

Travis... looks great to me thus far! I have not noticed any functionality issues at this point.

I own and administrate a forum as well, and I know that this can be a consumptive endeavor in terms of time, effort, and money. Thanks for your hard work!

TC

Wait a minute! I've been at VMD / Mid-Ohio since Thursday. I see orange (?) or did I get too much sun.

Looks good so far but kind of screwed me up at first.

Tom Graham
Exhausted, but had a great time.

Looks great Travis

but how do you get the local ads (to me) to appear in the header/banner?
Unless of course you guys stateside are seeing voucher ads for Canberra resturants and nationwide towing services????
This webulator stuff confuses me, I need to be 16 again:doh:
Just got a new Blackberry for work, whatever happened to the good old telephone, you know the type that makes and receives calls..........

cheers

All good Travis.. Thanks for your time and effort to make this place somewhere I look forward to checking out each day when I come home.. Think allot of us appreciate it for the very same reasons.. Its just like a local bar.. without the drinks and topless barmaids of course.. Any chance they could be worked into the next redesign?? :)

Rude, I removed the ad in the header for now. It was showing a lot of irrelevant ads (at least for me anyway.. some were local, but not about motorcycle stuff). They were served by google. Here's what google says about how they determine what ads to show:

While Google often shows you ads based on the content of the page you are viewing, we also show some ads based on the types of websites you visit, view, or where you interact with an ad or other Google product supported by Google's advertising services.In doing this, Google doesn't know your name or any other personal information about you. Google simply recognizes the number stored in your browser on the DoubleClick cookie, and shows ads related to the interest and inferred demographic categories associated with that cookie. It's our goal to make these ads as relevant and useful as possible for you. Google doesn't create categories, or show ads, based on sensitive topics such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.

:shrug:

Back