New from Michigan

rawxs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found an "81" Special. The one with cast wheels front disc / rear drum. Been lurking here getting idea's. Clearing a space in the garage now to start this project. rawxs

Yeah, it would seem, I'm waiting to post pics until my bike resembles a bike. I have parts up the wazoo, they just aren't connected to anything right now. It won't be long though, I'll be posting some, how bout you?

No shit, I'm actually up in Hope, near Wixom Lake, small world.

Yeah shit...lol. It's astounding how small the world is with the advent of the internet. I'm hoping to get my '83 up and running by the weekend. Waiting on bigger jets this week. Would I have seen you around Sanford much?

Yeah, chances are probably pretty good. Both my boys go to school at Meridian, my wife graduated from Meridian and both my boys play ball in Sanford.

mfrad - I have a sophomore daughter in the high school, one son in 2nd grade and my youngest boy is in the young 4's program. My oldest boy wrestles in the youth league where I help coach.

What do you drive day to day. The blue F-150 will honk at you!

That's crazy, my oldest is in the 1st grade, my youngest is in the 4 year old program at Sanford El. I have a brown F-150 and a burgundy Ford Freestyle. I'll make it easy to recognize me, I'm gonna be investing in a license plate with something on it about th 650's (650 bobbers rule) or some variation. One of these days we'll have to meet up, so when the bikesare all put together and put some miles under them. I know one thing, if you ever do the cruise in Midland in the summer or over at Hooter's in Sag-nasty, there is an extreme lack of bobbers running around, I suppose if we were to roll through, we'd probably get some attention.

Heh, forget bobbing this thing. I'm just trying to get it running. I like the stock look to it anyway. I think I've seen your truck at Sanford El. Look for me tomorrow around 9:10 when I drop off my youngest...unless yours is in the p.m. session.

Who is your oldest kid's teacher?

The 80's style XS's look good in the stock models, mine has an ugly-ass brown tank and the crappy looking seat. I couldn't have one of the older ones and keep it bone stock, it's what you would call the birth-control motorcycle.

My youngest is in the p.m. session, and I rarely get to pick him up with my work schedule.

My oldest is in Mrs. Bedford's class.

Back