New from Michigan

The Intruder VS1400 forks are working out well:

I've started to lay parts on the frame to see if I like them. So far, everything is looking like it can work. The Rear Rim is an other story. It will spin, but makes noise ( bearings and rubbing) and it wobbles.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The Rim doesn't look as pretty as the picture here. If I'm going to use it, I need to polish this hub and get a rim and spokes. I would prefer a 16" set-up if I go this way. I have a 21" rim for the front also, but I use the 19" as a set-up part. The 21" front and the 16" rear would look good. Is there a local wheel builder in Michigan, or do I send it to the west coast for assembly? Need info here.
My other Idea here is to mount a 16" spoke wheel from some other bike. A HD 3/4" axel or Honda CB? or Kaw KZ 1000 has 20mm axel. Most of these have a 3" wide rim. What do you think?? rawxs

Well I'm going with a HD 16 x 3 wheel on the back for now. I'll need to make a sprocket and all the brake hardware. Guess I should start a build thread. rawxs

here in flint, worst city in mi.....lol just makingit and cant wait til my 650 is running, need to rewire itr and redo carbs.

Hey brilamb2

Holly Vintage Motorcycle Rally at Battle Alley - Holly, Michigan May 1 2011

I've gone every year for the past 4 years. Pretty small show. Some xs650s, I plan on being there again this year. the last couple of years my GF and I have ridden over Sat and spent the night at a friend's in Flint, then go to Holly in the am...

Back