New from Michigan

Good to see some XS lovers from the "Homeland", my brother lives in Grand Rapids, what part of the city are you from?

Glad to see some of our friends from the west side of the state, (Muskegon & Grand Haven). Spent alot of time over in your neck of the woods, taking the rail over to Silver Lake to see what I could break out on the dunes.

ill have one running bike tomorrow after the new oil seals and pushrod get here...probably see me cruising around the lansing area, I ride the bobber with no seat springs...at the moment haha

Ive got a runner, ist just not my XS. I rode my CB1100F into work this morning. Little Chilly, but not as bad as last friday...

Started the tear down:

Anybody know of shop called CCW in Dexter Mi. They just moved to us23 and North Territorial rd area ( 6690 whitmore laKe) north of Ann Arbor. They have a frame jig to work with. They want to make a one off hardtail, but I have not seen much of there work other than bikes at the shop. rawxs

Well I talked with them and they want to make a hardtail, not install a kit. $500.00 + was there quote. Think I can drive to TCBros for alot less $$$ and still get what I want. raw330

Took my frame to TC Bros Monday for a hardtail install. There about an 1 1/2 hours south of me. I'll start cleaning the carbs tonight. After that it is on to motor cleaning / painting. I want to be ready to install it when I get the frame back. rawxs

haha yea locals...with no running bikes by the looks of it :laugh:

Welcome from Sanford (close to mfrad). Hey, easy there now. Mine runs now. :devil:

rawxs - where did you get those wheels? Those are what I want for mine. I have the spoked wheels but like the mags.

welcome from traverse city

didn't realize there were that many people from michigan on this board

my bike used to run... now she's just a pile of parts - new and old.

full

Good call on TC bros and just driving over there...take some before and after pics of your motor too before you paint

bdholsin- glad to see someone has a running bike! The 78 runs when its together...round two of the reassembly process is soon to come.

Pa23- knobies!!!

Man with all these Michiganders we will have to have a meet/ride in the spring...to the bridge and back anyone?? :thumbsup::bike:

you like them knobbies? you think a 650 rattles alot as is, riding this thing on the pavement is murder.

this pic was taken the day i got it home, the guy i bought it off of wanted a two tracker so he shimmed the hell out of the forks and put 14 inch progessives in the back, hacked the rear frame hoop off and ground off the mounting hinges for the seat and fastened a pillion pad in place of a seat (i put the stock seat on for the picture).

the frame is getting welded up as we speak then off to powder coat.

always down for a bridge ride.

Well just back from TC Bros.

Frame:

other goodies, Tank with petcock and cap, rear fender, and wiring harness.

all together:

Planning to use this front end, just need to start machining parts for the bearings cups.

They are 41mm forks from a Intruder VS1400 Suzuki and I have a 6 piston caliper on a floating rotor for stopping power. Time to get things going. rawxs

I'd like to make a trip northward, as long as my back, knees and ass will handle it. This is just the kind of thing I need to get me motivated to finish my bike. My biggest problems are time, money and motivation, not necessarily in that order.

Ill be down for a bridge ride. It just wont be on my 650 though! :( I probly wont have it built til end of summer). I would like to have it for Mid Ohio, but that will be real hard for me to do.

started grinding things off:

also worked on welds and general clean-up:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

need to use some body filler on some area's to get it smooth. But I'm just starting. rawxs

Back