New to the forum. Thought I should share my build.

Byookanun;

The fact that we live in different countries and are of different ages, has nothing to do with my view of safety. I have a strong view of safety for my life, my family, my car and for my bike. You obviously have a very low opinion of having a safety margin.

We can agree to disagree.

Oh I am all about safety first my friend and if the bike was not safe I wouldn't ride it. I built the bike with a theme in mind and that theme did not call for a front brake.

Just wondering, are those the stock XS forks? If so, where did you get the front wheel from and was it a direct fit or did you have to turn down the axle?

Just wondering, are those the stock XS forks? If so, where did you get the front wheel from and was it a direct fit or did you have to turn down the axle?

Yes they are stock forks. I had the wheel built by Bob's Cycle Supply out of Arizona. He builds his own hubs and it uses 17mm bearings for the stock axle.

Nice ride. Love me a hard tail but my commute is 120miles a day on country roads.not a chance. That front wheel is SICK!

Nice ride. Love me a hard tail but my commute is 120miles a day on country roads.not a chance. That front wheel is SICK!

Yeah this bike won't be a commuter. It will be a once and a while weekend ride or to a show or two. It's definitely not built for commuting.

Great Build. What tires are you running. I am in the process of a hardtail Short bobber and I think your tires would top it off

I started out with Shinko 777's front and rear on the stock wheels. I then replaced my front wheel with a 21" so now on the front I'm running an Avon Cobra since Shinko doesn't make a 21" whitewall. I'm still running the Shinko 777 on the rear.

What seat is that/where did you git it? The bike is amazing looking.

The seat is a Harley Davidson seat that is an aftermarket accessory Harleys. I retrofitted to my bike.

very nice. I have no ammo for the brake issue. its your bike.
I also have the sphere, and have the ignition box, flasher unit, and 6 blade atc in it. Do you have the on/off keyed switch in the top of it? I do, and its a tight squeeze to get my fingers under the seat to turn the key. I can get the key out, but have to take the seat off(bates style with 3" springs) to put the key in, so I just leave the key in.
are those upturned clubmans?

Sick build man love it!! Not going to rip on you for no front brake because any experienced rider knows how to deal with only a rear brake. Just curious as to where you got that awesome Gold chain From!? :thumbsup:

Love the bike man and that front wheel really sets it off. Don't worry if some people give you flack for your set up, everyone has their own opinions. At the end of a day you don't build a bike for other people's tastes so keep doing what your doing.

Is it less safe without a front brake? Absolutely. But it's your choice. At the end of the day riding a bike isn't the safest form of transportation to begin with. I rode a ironhead with only a rear drum for a summer and it was great. Obviously it wouldve stopped quicker with a couple disks breaks on there but it got the job done.

Keep doing what your doing!

Last edited:
Build is looking good man! the green is awesome. looking forward to getting mine finished up then we will have to hit the town up! No front break eh? lol Canadian's. I get the whole concept.

This thread is old...a year old. The bike has changed quite a bit since then.

But I can say there is still no fucking front brake on it.

LoL awesome, yea just saw it while i was browsing the build threads. I'd roll the no front brake but the wife would have my nuts in a sling. way jealous of the way you did the exhaust having it dump before the foot pegs, i have mine going just past them.

Back