Orange Cycle Parts Gasket Scraper by Motion Pro 08-0601

Are you running these with a drill
I want something mostly for the sump gaskets

Are you running these with a drill
I want something mostly for the sump gaskets

I have mine attached to a little air grinder, but as long as your drill spins pretty fast I do t see why it wouldn’t work.

HF sells a little kit for a few bucks that has a roll lock backer in it if you don’t have one.

HF also sells these, they don’t last long but they work. The blue ones are not as aggressive

B8C68F72-9261-444E-BF6D-8F6C1ED4853C.png

The 3m nylon will last years.

I always tread lightly around the sump area I'd hate to gouge it and have a forever leak

These are good scrapers for a couple of bucks. Lots less crampy that holding the blade directly. I buy one locally when I need one, then lose it or leave it out in the rain, etc... You need something sharp enough to get between the gasket piece and what it's sticking to and split the bond. Also encourage Zip-Strip and its cousins, and say avoid the orange "safe" stripper, since it doesn't do anything.

https://www.harborfreight.com/razor-blade-scraper-98039.html

Have I got the drift - If using razors I should smooth the corners off to prevent them cutting into the alloy??

^Stiff corners would dig in, thin like on a razor blade probably not. I think blade corners are rounded a bit anyway. If it digs in, just file it off before it does it again

Back