Small tube

goodfella961

New to Yamaha XS650
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the small tube is in the photo attached? It blows out air and it is between the carb and the engine...I do not see it in a manual.

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 167
Thanks, this is on my friends xs650 - he just bought the bike and when he was riding he would be in third gear and max speed out, when he shifted to fourth gear he could not gain any more speed. So if he covers those tubes that sounds like it may fix that problem? Where can he buy the tube covers?

It would be something I would imagine he could get an an auto parts store . A rubber cap to block off a vacuum port. Not sure of the size. On the mikes XS site they call them blind plugs. On the fuel system then carb holders page.OEM Ref.# 1J7-13569-00
48-1447.jpg

That looks like the automatic petcock hose connections to me.. I run manual pets and i run a hose from one port to the other to connect them together. Smoother idle and throttle responce..
Sonny

... - he just bought the bike and when he was riding he would be in third gear and max speed out, when he shifted to fourth gear he could not gain any more speed. So if he covers those tubes that sounds like it may fix that problem? ...

Yes covering those will definitly help with your problem. He's running way lean with no covers on those vacuum barbs.

Electrical tape will work in a pinch.

Back