Stolen bike

Too bad. Brings up an interesting point. When selling a bike, how many people allow the prospective buyer to test ride the bike?

My $.02 but if I were selling my bike I would need cash in hand for a "test ride". The whole "you break it you bought it" scenario. Too many things can go wrong on a test drive, from low sides to stolen bikes. CYA

Yep cash in hand. Another thing is how did he arrive to the test point. Did a person drop him off, big red flag, did he arrive on a bus?

You know i posted this so that it could be a warning to anyone selling their bike and if this guy shows up then you would know he there to steel the bike. Also maybe if he was recognized then a concerned person would call the cops.............

obviously by the posts, that isn't the case and the questions would be answered if the links were read. Seems your more interested in the sellers mistake and explaining how he could avoid the situation...........

I honestly thought, (naively), that as this being a bike enthusiasts forum there would be some compassion, maybe some concern, and be on the lookout for this low life.........

Last edited:
You know i posted this so that it could be a warning to anyone selling their bike and if this guy shows up then you would know he there to steel the bike. Also maybe if he was recognized then a concerned person would call the cops.............

obviously by the posts, that isn't the case and the questions would be answered if the links were read. Seems your more interested in the sellers mistake and explaining how he could avoid the situation...........

I honestly thought, (naively), that as this being a bike enthusiasts forum there would be some compassion, maybe some concern, and be on the lookout for this low life.........
I'm out on my deck sipping coffee, keeping a keen eye peeled for this low life Skull. Or have you found and castrated him already?

I do feel badly for the Vstrom brother that had his bike stolen. My question was posted because I’m in the process of selling a bike and have always been paranoid about allowing a person to test ride it, both from an insurance perspective and possible theft. Not suggesting the seller made any mistakes in this transaction gone bad.
Seems like this is a crook in the US but will alert my local bike group here in Canada.

Last edited:
I am with bosco here. Not saying the seller did anything wrong. Hopefully they find the POS and the bike (hopefully the bike is still in good shape). I know we have younger riders on here and I see these as moments when the younger generations can be given guidance on how to prevent these types of things fr happening to them without having to go through it themselves.

I feel bad for the seller..I was talking to him about this bike the week before it was stolen..No matter if he made a mistake or not..someone who is deteremined to steal your property will get it...regardless...I read the exchange on Stromtrooper and the seller did not raise a red flag when the buyer came in someone else's car and then left...That right there is a big red flag..people make mistakes and i'm sure the seller wont be so trusting next time...and there are assholes out there ready to exploit the situation...Its only a matter of time before he is apprehended...The bike prolly has been chopped...

I'm out on my deck sipping coffee, keeping a keen eye peeled for this low life Skull. Or have you found and castrated him already?

Stromtrooper sounds like a V-Strom supremacy site.

Is this one of those hate sites i read about?

Attention America: Be on the lookout for reportedly stolen needle last seen in haystack on other side of the world

wasting my time.................guess i was being a deck.............i mean dick

Honestly thanks for posting it. I do feel sorry for the guy and all the comments about how he stole it will be useful to some. I mean come on the guy gets dropped off by a friend and he lets him go for a test ride. Hopefully someone on the site reads this and will learn a thing or two by our rude comments.

Honestly thanks for posting it. I do feel sorry for the guy and all the comments about how he stole it will be useful to some. I mean come on the guy gets dropped off by a friend and he lets him go for a test ride. Hopefully someone on the site reads this and will learn a thing or two by our rude comments.

I won't make the same mistake again.........

The guy did make a poor decision in letting the guy go for a test ride.............As a couple have stated, in the thread posted due to this situation relating to prospective buyers, those we think would never do such a silly thing have done it........

Condescending and trolling posts.............well if your bike gets stolen it is a shame but i wont be inclined to re-post any information in/on other sites........

Back