Support to re-name the term "bratstyle"

Can we change the name "Bratstyle" to something else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bratstyle changed to Bruised Tailbone Style?

In my eyes, most people change the XS into something that looks worse than the stock roadster style. Very few here get it but a Norton Commando is about the best looking of the old styled roadsters. Very long pipes, the insturments low, narrow rounded full cover fenders, all the angles are just right.

http://coloradonortonworks.com/about-us/photo-gallery/?nggpage=2

Tom

Those bikes are really cool sure, but for the most part not really bratstyle - look more like cafe racer style to me (low bars, seat hump, forward rider position). Take a look at the actual brat shop here: Generally their bikes are more what most lay people would call a chopper.

http://www.bratstyle.com

The name originates from Japan? Well..since the original design of stock bike is customized and messed with.. we could call it " Fukumaha". Or just Brat for short.

Some of you guys are not happy with brat for a name of the style ??
I'd be more concerned with bobber. Where I come from a bobber is something that wont disappear no matter how many times you flush.
But hey, it's just a name that some guys probably came up with a long time ago while smoking pot and full of bourbon sitting around a fire so in my mind it's not important.

When I learn how to post pictures I'll show you my latest bobber project. I prefer the old school terminology. Trimmed rear fender, remove the front fender entirely, along with turn signals and any other bells and whistles to save weight. Bobber originators were speed freaks so, just like with race cars back in the day, weight savings meant added speed.:bike:

Name your garage and website after the latest rage and claim you invented it.

Like the name. I pray it stays. Not much different than a frisco tank. Its where it started so that's where/who the name should belong.

Also as far as bratstyle if you look at their chops they have a distinct change to the seat rails. Its not a bench seat, like 70% of the home builds you see in the North America.

When I learn how to post pictures I'll show you my latest bobber project. I prefer the old school terminology. Trimmed rear fender, remove the front fender entirely, along with turn signals and any other bells and whistles to save weight. Bobber originators were speed freaks so, just like with race cars back in the day, weight savings meant added speed.:bike:

Please do that, the more pictures, the better.

another flavor of Bratstyle bike
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• gotakamine.jpg
    gotakamine.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1
The name will change about the same time people quit putting a flat seat on a bike and calling it Bratstyle.
Like the term bobber is not what most people call a bobber. A bobber is a bike with full valanced fenders bobbed back to reduce weight. They also took off things to lighten the bike. They never cut a frame to modify it.
When you cut a frame to modify it is a chopper.
You take an XS650 and cut off the rear and weld on a hard tail is NOT a bobber, It is a chopper, you cut the frame.
On cafe's and trackers the same applies.
Just swapping a few cosmetic parts doesn't make it a café or tracker.
Most people are not smart enough to understand these things, they do amuse me.
The foolish things they do and claim it's art or what ever makes me laugh.
Changing names is not the problem educating the people is what's needed, good luck with that.
Leo
I owned a 1963 Sportster , the XLCH . That was a factory " chopper " ( CH for chop, the first I think ) . Originally " chopper " meant that you took off as many parts as you could to lighten your bike .

Last edited:
Hello people I'm new on here. Any body seen the brat kit that monstercraftsman make and what do you think?

Hello people I'm new on here. Any body seen the brat kit that monstercraftsman make and what do you think?

I looked at it when I was deciding which way to go with my frame. It looks well made, and is cool. Only issue I had with it was that I felt it kept the seat height too high.

I went with the Visual Impact kit. It has the style im looking for.

http://www.visualimpact2.com/FRAME-BRAT-KIT.html

Here is a pic of mine installed:

DSC_5232_zps517295cf.jpg

Back