Support to re-name the term "bratstyle"

Can we change the name "Bratstyle" to something else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brats and bobbers are not my style but IT DRIVES ME NUTS when somebody takes a bike- replaces the seat with a piece of plywood and spray paints everything spray can flat black- masking off nothing- overspray on the gauges and headlights. Then they put it up for sale as a Brat or Bobber- with a ridiculously high price. I like it when Bobber gets mispelled too- "Boober" for sale. Speaking of mispelling I also occasionally see on craigslist a bike that "Just had its CRABS cleaned"

"I prefer choopers myself."

LOL! It would be nice if there was a place where one could bring in their Boober or Chooper to get its Crabs cleaned.

Never understood the reason ppl name motorcycle styles. Every modified bike is a little bit different anyway. The same goes for " flat tracker " or " café racer " . Unless you are out racing your bike on weekends, props to those who do, its just another motorcycle.

Japanese have strict regulations on vehicles they allow on their roads.
Hardtails being a serious frame modification are a pain in the ass to get passed inspections so many Japanese builders stick with swingarm bikes.
at least that's what im told.
thus bratstyle.
like it or not it stuck around. I highly doubt that a small niche motorcycle group on a random website is going to undo the term that has been in use for at least the last 6 or 7 years strong so get used to it.
Americans have some history in bratstyle also.
Originally called "konging" in the 70s , 80s it was widely practiced in the chopper scene. not everyone wanted a hardtail so lots of people "konged" their bikes.
lots of "konged" cb750s and kz's back in the day. and no I'm not that old lol.

have a look
www.hondachopper.com/garage/konging/konging.html

tomato ...tomaato, chips ..... french fries ... does it really matter that much ?
is it relevant or trivial?
to me its what someone wants to call it

Hello people I'm new on here. Any body seen the brat kit that monstercraftsman make and what do you think?

My brat kit installed..........

10008221846_a18b10820e_b.jpg

Top work, and I LOVE it!! A bit pricey to get here but worth it IMO!:thumbsup:

Back