Welding thread

After finally getting my stick welding cert, I got to move on to TIG! My first class I spent the entirety just figuring out how to move the cup (I need to move my whole body to find the groove lol). Today I got to try adding filler rod. It was my first time ever doing this, and I didn’t do great, but it was an absolute blast. A true art form and I look forward to progressing and learning more!
View attachment 228033
Nice job. I need to mess with my Tig again soon.

After finally getting my stick welding cert, I got to move on to TIG! My first class I spent the entirety just figuring out how to move the cup (I need to move my whole body to find the groove lol). Today I got to try adding filler rod. It was my first time ever doing this, and I didn’t do great, but it was an absolute blast. A true art form and I look forward to progressing and learning more!
View attachment 228033
Not bad for your first try, the only way to get good at TIG is practice, practice, and more practice. Are you using a pedal or scratch/lift start?

Cut off a 9" piece of filler rod (SS works best, it wont turn rusty) and carry it around with you. Practice feeding rod with both hands while your sitting around watching tv. I still do this today, it makes for good dexterity. I still keep a piece at my desk.
0AD3B278-959B-4973-AA48-D4CB31FAE387.jpeg

Back