What have you done to your XS today?

I waited untill after supper to go for a ride. After about 30 minutes of riding I ran into sprinkles. So I headed for home About 3 miles from there I hit a down pour that lasted for 30 seconds or so. I got perdy wet from boots to knees and belly to head.
That short hard rain didn't affect the running. I just love this bike. I'm gettng better at kicking her over. And my knee hasn't been bithin too much. The roller starter was such a good idea. It has been a great success.
Anyway I put some gas in her and went for a ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey Carbon---I'm thinking I don't hate you as much as I'm jealous of the fact that you can still be riding. It will be about three months for me. tim

Hey Carbon---I'm thinking I don't hate you as much as I'm jealous of the fact that you can still be riding. It will be about three months for me. tim

Damn Tim I feel real bad for you brother.
I was in a tshirt when I hit rain.
The ride tomorow will also be for you Man!

Took my rear wheel back to bike shop and they worked on my issue with the work they did on the bearing replacement. I picked up some stainless steel 1/4 20 bolts to mount my electronics permanent but before mounting all of it I welded the bottom in it wire wheeled all of it and painted the inside. now I watching the paint dry. I think Im going to clear coat the raw steel for a while and see how I like that. Can change to paint later. Also order some more wiring parts. 3 micro relays and crimp connectors and a crimper. And bought some grommets for holes I put in the bottom for wiring.

Tim we ride year-round. Yesterday it was only high of 48 but that is cold. By end of next week it will be 70. We do get bad fog in the winter to slow our riding but nothing to stop it.

Posted via Mobile

Hey Tonyc---Riding all or most of the year is a pretty nice deal. It's 18F this morning with 10/12 wind and snow is likely. My snowblower has not been out this year because everything has been light enough to shovel. so that's a win for us. tim

Welded the bottom in and painted the inside to prevent rust
Put new stainless steel bolts in it
Going to do a couple coats of clear on it
Got some rubber grommets for wiring coming in and out
That I'll put in the bottom
More later

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 158
Hey Cruzin---Great electric box, nice and neat, good job. tim

Tim we ride year-round. Yesterday it was only high of 48 but that is cold. By end of next week it will be 70. We do get bad fog in the winter to slow our riding but nothing to stop it.

Posted via Mobile

The only silver lining in my bike being down for shitty maintenance is that it's been "cold" in Bakersfield the past couple weeks. Glad to see it's finally going to be warming up for us :D:thumbsup: hahahah

TimBeck, John, Airwolfie, Peanut and all my Northern brothers
Yesterday I took a ride for Yall
Today I'm changing riser bushes and checking valves

Thanks Carbon, it almost felt like I was on the bike. I especially liked the last part, kind of out in the country. tim

Put the bike in the basement and pulled the motor for a headgasket replacement; just waiting for my Mike's order to show up now...

Mounted petcocks on my XS750 tank after modifying them for no vacuum and cleaning them which took a half hour for one of them, then trial fit of XS750 tank on my 650 and all clearances are good! Hooked up rear brake rod and control arm not fun but its done. Other odds and ends. This Cafe is coming together!

Getting close now to first start!

i adjusted my chain and topped the tank off. I did lean the carbs a bit and went for a short ride. It runs great. I Carbon wh
at camera do you use on your rides?

Posted via Mobile

Back