what type of forks are these

jimmy5090

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
these were on my 81 xs just wondering if they are stock or from some other bike. the fin running down the middle doesnt look like everyone elses forks. let me know what you think Thanks
IMG-20110217-00060.jpg
ks

Yeah jimmy5090 looks like tadd442 has it, OR cb650 late 70's early 80's get your caliper out and check the tube size and play lotto to find the right cap. Or just say fuggle it and find a set of XS650 forks. What triple, wheel and brakes are with them, do they all fit together?

the forks are 35.15mm and they fit but i am wondering about running the spoke wheel with drum and how that would work? is there a certain type of xs650 forks that would work for this application or is there just one type of xs650 35mm

There is more than one size. Only the early (1970 & 1971) fork lowers will work with a drum hub, and to the best of my knowledge, it has to be a hub that matches. 34mm forks were used from 72-76 (generally speaking, as there are some slight differences in the 72 & 3 vs 74-6's) & 35mm are 77 & up. Chances are that the hub you are using is a honda of some sort being they work together. Got pics?

It would not be very hard to adapt disk lower legs to a drum brake, you would need to fabricate a stay (torque) arm similar to the one on the rear drum. The caliper mount tabs would support a stay arm with no problem.

Back