Whats your weather right now?

Also in UK in South Cambs. weather is decidedly wet. We live on high ground away from rivers and water courses which means that our home doesnt get flooded, however, the water, sewage, power facilities are prediominantly close to the rivers and so we arent entirely unaffected. The situation in Scotland however is drastically worse with homes in some areas getting salt water coming through their household taps.People are losing their homes and their lives and I agree with eearlier sentiments, giving an arbitary name to a disaster tends to sugar coat and sanitise it. Imagine if Abervan or Lockerby were just referred to as Steven or Susan! By referring to them as Abervan or Lockerby we all ( up and down the country) know exactly what had to be contended with with all the associated horror attached lest we forget.
Some areas in our county are below sea level and there is always a fear that if the sea comes in, it'll kill thousands and it'll take years to recover. Apparently the sea came in 70 years ago when the area was less densely populated and it killed hundreds . Europe had a heat wave which the UK managed to avoid. We seem to be getting the rain.

48 degrees and raining its butt off. First snow of the season in the nearby Cascade mountain range...sigh.
I’m out doing my errands on my motorcycle. It gets dark early, but it’s like summer here. A nice summer like the two weeks they get in Upstate NY.

Not a breath of wind this morning.

Wouldn't believe a cyclone has formed in October for the first time outside the cyclone season expected to reach a cat3 but has depened into a cat5 heading for Vanavatu with gales surging up to 260kph.

Glad the deniers have me convinced globle warming is a hoxe
IMG20231025094419.jpg
o
IMG20231025095044.jpg

Sun has just come out; but ground is very wet due to relentless overnight rain.
Jobs to do around the house today.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 11.00.51.png

Oddly warm and balmy in Montreal today, highs up to 19*C or so (66*F), mix of sun and cloud with occasional rain spatters. Would have been a good day for a ride but I was stuck doing pre-winter shed repairs :(!

Rain, rain,rain. Yellow weather warning for rain in Eastern & Southern Scotland for the next few days. Flood alerts expected. Temps around seasonal average with daytime highs between 10° and 15°C.

So I'm doing my 'motorcycling' in the garage. Plenty to get on with.

Still raining mostly.

Scottish Borders, along with many other parts of Britain, under weather warning for heavy rain with floods and travel disruption likely. Been the wettest October on record and set to rain heavily for the next two or three days.

But took the opportunity of a lull to nip oot to the shops on Polly - W800 - to stock up some food for the weekend. Just Galashiels and back, sixteen miles. Streaming wet roads so I were a bit careful like especially on roundabouts.

But out on the bike still managed to be fun.

for the first time this Am .... I had to use my state issued window scraper (Driver Lic) on the morning frost covered windshield. Late I found my winter brush-scraper in the storage locker.... then wend downstairs.... underground parking.... turned the trike around... rolled it under the wall mounted storage locker.. then had room to park our VW Bug ragtop... there it will winter slumber... winter sucks..... 😡

The lull between two storms. After all the rain in the last few days, today feels very damp, the rivers are full, the fields are flooded but it's not raining right now. Good possibility I'll take Polly for an outing. Or maybe even Miss November.

Then we await the arrival of Storm Ciaran - another Atlantic low pressure system. Strong winds, more rain . . .

Back