Whats your weather right now?

More snow (and ice) last night. Poor buggers... at this rate, I'll never get 'em to the basement. :(

MVIMG_20190123_141906.jpg

Hey Jim. At least you got em out of the back of your truck.:thumbsup: The other one`s nice "n" dry inside my shop. It rained all day yesterday and all the snow was gone. High in the mid 40`s. Last night this happened again.:yikes:
See posts 1024, 1079 and 1101 :umm:
snow today 002-001.JPG

More snow (and ice) last night. Poor buggers... at this rate, I'll never get 'em to the basement. :(

I think they're a 77 and 81. Also got an 82. Mostly just parts bikes. The 82 (still at Phil's) has a title.... so who knows.
Looks like you sat to close to gggGary at breakfast and picked up the hoarder bug.:D

JIm, those look surprisingly like the scoots 1/2mile brought home several days ago and you wanted the wheels. Glad you got 'em.

meanwhile, back to the weather___Snowing here finally...this will be the 1st time since last Spring I will have to shovel :(

Had -23 below F here last Sunday :wtf:. This coming week-end and next week it is supposed to be below 0 every night. Ever see one of those vids where someone takes a glass of water and whips it overhead and it instantly vaporizes in a freeze frenzy? Yup, that's done in my neck of the woods. Almost expected every Jan/Feb here in N. Michigan. The South is starting to look better and better each winter, and the bikes in my garage are starting to act like teenagers on prom night. Expecting another 7-10" of snow again on top of the cold. Kubota plugged in - check. Fireplace roaring - check. Garage heated so I can work on XS during the storm - check. Blankets piled on the bed - check. Life is good except can't ride :(

Had -23 below F here last Sunday :wtf:. This coming week-end and next week it is supposed to be below 0 every night. Ever see one of those vids where someone takes a glass of water and whips it overhead and it instantly vaporizes in a freeze frenzy? Yup, that's done in my neck of the woods. Almost expected every Jan/Feb here in N. Michigan. The South is starting to look better and better each winter, and the bikes in my garage are starting to act like teenagers on prom night. Expecting another 7-10" of snow again on top of the cold. Kubota plugged in - check. Fireplace roaring - check. Garage heated so I can work on XS during the storm - check. Blankets piled on the bed - check. Life is good except can't ride :(

......and so it begins......

Attachments

• SNOW 1-24-19.jpg
    SNOW 1-24-19.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 102
Oh, good grief.
A -24°F morning, temps staying in the negatives for 3 days?
No thankyew.

Yesterday was a mild 60°F, light showers.

Had a rather rare event out here, don't see many of these.

A full arc rainbow.
Rainbow-20190126-1.jpg

Folks were whipping out cameras and smartphones, taking billions and billions of pics.

Could even make out the secondary, double bow, whatever it's called.
Rainbow-20190126-2.jpg

A long time ago the local McDonald's had a January special. Whatever the temp was at noon was what they sold Big Macs for. We had a very cold winter that year. A lot of Big Macs were sold for less than a quarter. One day the high was -5. They actually gave a nickel back along with the Big Mac. This was in the 80s, I think a Big Mac was 89 cents, maybe less.

-17 high on Wednesday -35 low that night. I do not remember ever seeing a projected low of -35F. Only good thing is if we survive that it may be 40 on Sunday. 75 degree change WOW. Time for shorts and flip flops Sunday.

upload_2019-1-28_18-5-23.png

Tonight and tomorrow the temps here are supposed to crash. Temps are looking at -16 below zero Fahrenheit with wind chills possibly dipping to -50. Gonna be hard to make the dog-o go out to potty! I sure hope my truck is able to start since I have to park outside.

Back