WTF pictures

sanitycheck11-jpg.244745

Thanks real much for that. I spit a mouthful of spaghetti all over my monitor...

Several years ago, some Summer folks I did odd jobs for offered me the use of their Honda Foreman (I believe that was the model) with a plow on it for the Winter.

I was underwhelmed.

In light fluffy stuff that I'd usually ignore anyway it did okay. In heavier snow that actually needed moving, it would run out of power, traction or both and if you angled the plow at all it just pushed the ATV off sideways.

Several years ago, some Summer folks I did odd jobs for offered me the use of their Honda Foreman (I believe that was the model) with a plow on it for the Winter.

I was underwhelmed.

In light fluffy stuff that I'd usually ignore anyway it did okay. In heavier snow that actually needed moving, it would run out of power, traction or both and if you angled the plow at all it just pushed the ATV off sideways.
Honey, I need to plow (ride around on my toy with another beer) before the snow get to deep!

Now that's a serious piece of snow removal equipment. I make do with a vintage Bolens Hydro 1700 powered by a Kohler KT17 with a single-stage blower. Believe it or not, it is an adequate setup unless the snow gets sticky and then only because it clogs the chute. Never lacks for power.

Now that's a serious piece of snow removal equipment. I make do with a vintage Bolens Hydro 1700 powered by a Kohler KT17 with a single-stage blower. Believe it or not, it is an adequate setup unless the snow gets sticky and then only because it clogs the chute. Never lacks for power.
I absolutely STOLE that blower off Craigslist several years ago. Guy that had it tried to use it one season and hated it. Problem was his tractor was an old Ford N. If he ran the engine at PTO speed to get the blower to work, reverse was good for about 10 MPH and it would clog the blower. If he slowed down enough to keep from jamming the blower up, it clogged anyway because the fan wasn't turning fast enough.

At the time I bought it, I was running a John Deere 750 and in low reverse (2 speed rear) it was perfect.

blowsnow.jpg

Colder'n a Mother-in-Law's kiss tho...

Back