WTF pictures

1703032411487.png

Never a Problem!! Just Duck and Cover.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
My dad is pretty good at explaining what happens when all hell breaks loose in a city under attack
He , my uncles and aunt rode out all three days during the Bombing of Dresden, Germany
Saved by my grandmother shovelling out of the attic , the incendiaries that punched though the roof…. And the 4000lb HE bomb that landed in the street out front and failed to detonate ….
A VERY resilient generation!

I find this curiously arousing...I really like the combo
I'm toying with the idea of trying to build a scale model of that. The pickup model is easily available. The correct year of Goat might be a tad more difficult. I would definitely have to up my kit-bashing skills.

First take my glasses off so my bifocals don't mess with me....:whistle:
Hell no, there is no way I could do that just looking from the top would make me woozy:yikes::yikes:

I'm toying with the idea of trying to build a scale model of that. The pickup model is easily available. The correct year of Goat might be a tad more difficult. I would definitely have to up my kit-bashing skills.
I kinda think it's metal.
Might want to check a Bonneville for a better width match.
gggGary who also finds this attractive.
Mom had a 67 Tempest in metallic blue loved the looks of that car, the OHC straight 6, two speed automatic and EPA tune? not so much.

No EPA in '67, Carter established it
My first car was full sized '66 Ford Custom 500, 4 door sedan, 240 cid 6 with auto. A former "fleet car" back when fleet cars were strippers with minimal options. No power anything, just auto trans and am radio, real bear to turn in tight spaces, not fast but could drive all week on $5 of gas.
Those Pontiac OHC 6 weren't bad engines for the time. Buddy's dad had one in first gen Firebird.

No EPA in '67, Carter established it
My first car was full sized '66 Ford Custom 500, 4 door sedan, 240 cid 6 with auto. A former "fleet car" back when fleet cars were strippers with minimal options. No power anything, just auto trans and am radio, real bear to turn in tight spaces, not fast but could drive all week on $5 of gas.
Those Pontiac OHC 6 weren't bad engines for the time. Buddy's dad had one in first gen Firebird.
It might not have been the EPA and that lame automatic didn't help but they started leaning em out in 67
The Motor Vehicle Air Pollution Act of 1965 produced national standards comparable to California law for the 1968 model year. Also in 1967, the Air Quality Act was the first piece of federal legislation designed to control lead emissions. Federal funds became available to defray part of the cost of inspection programs. Hydrocarbon emissions came under federal jurisdiction in 1968.
Rut rut ruhhhh. :zzz:
Even the Jags went from the 3 carb set up to two carbs in 67, Series 1 1/2, yards of (soon rotted) vacuum line festooning the engine compartment quickly followed.
1703083587005.png

Mack "Camelback" suspension?View attachment 257872
Could be but all the Mack "camel backs" I worked on or saw had a big arc in the springs and also had a Mack logo cast in the trunnion shaft cover. Not the best picture but this is what all the leaf spring "camel backs" looked like:
Mack.jpg

Yea that trunnion shaft bushing was exactly getting the right amount of lube! Look real close and you can see the puppy dog above the word MACK

Back