WTF pictures

1703169817829.png

We used to live in Bentley in Hampshire. An area of chalk with clay soil and flint houses. Flint is a very hard stone - it's a form of igneous chalk, takes the pressure and time of geology to turn into flint which has a pale exterior with a hard, glassy interior. Was walking across a field near Bentley one day and saw this flint stone lying on the ground. Something about the shape made me pick it up and look and I reckon it's a fossilised sea urchin. Probably lived on the bed of a warm tropical sea many millions of years ago where Bentley is now.

We used to live in Bentley in Hampshire. An area of chalk with clay soil and flint houses. Flint is a very hard stone - it's a form of igneous chalk, takes the pressure and time of geology to turn into flint which has a pale exterior with a hard, glassy interior. Was walking across a field near Bentley one day and saw this flint stone lying on the ground. Something about the shape made me pick it up and look and I reckon it's a fossilised sea urchin. Probably lived on the bed of a warm tropical sea many millions of years ago where Bentley is now.
I can’t eat it then…..Sod it.:shrug:

Back