Xs650 brat tracker build PMA Pamco no battery kicker

Upon adjusting it by moving pamco disco it ran good . But when i turn it back on it is all miss firing and wont respond to throttle.

The ignition is simple. It provides a spark at the "F" mark at idle and at the full advance mark at 3200 RPM and beyond. If you tested for these two conditions with a strobe light and still have problems, then it is most likely not the ignition.

I think you started this thread by saying that you were going to install a PMA with a capacitor? If that is the case, the try disconnecting the PMA and the capacitor and temporarily wire the PAMCO and coil to a separate, stand alone battery. This test will help to determine if the problem is the PMA.

Painted rims with exposed metal outline. Re psinted calipers tripple clamps and mounting units. Made a tracker plate with mini HID light. Cut up and mounted a gasgas ec250 fender. Psinted forks plus new rubbrr seal. Also hand built and machined side mount light/plate holder. Bondo the tank so the brackets r covered.

Also had front disc pro drilled/perferated (holes line up fir even breakpad wear) .

@pamcopete I didnt get bike running befor i shipped it out to san diego today. (Im flyin there in few hrs)Three times it ran good i went for a ride. Turn bike off and when i go to ride again after few mins its all out of wack. Air gaspin sounds and choking on the throttle. Im going to redue the set up out west in few week when it arrives. Again it would kick ovrr fine but idle shaky.

No i did not get chance to check with stand alone. The pma wirked great with the battery/boyer set up

Anyone no a tuner in san diego i want it re jetted tuned etc once it arrives .

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 20150810_145718.jpg
    20150810_145718.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 20150810_145749.jpg
    20150810_145749.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 20150810_145803.jpg
    20150810_145803.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 20150810_145824.jpg
    20150810_145824.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
@PamcoPete hey pete the wires for the sensor and the wires on the e advance. U said not to cut the length? I had made them a little shorter when re cutting and stripping them . is that a problem?

@PamcoPete hey pete the wires for the sensor and the wires on the e advance. U said not to cut the length? I had made them a little shorter when re cutting and stripping them . is that a problem?

Cutting to length is not a problem, but the usual reason for cutting to length is so you can mount the E-Advancer box closer to the coil or the heat of the engine and that is a problem.

@PamcoPete okay. Yeah im keepin advanceer under thag seat. Do u no anyone in san diego who can help. Shit i just moved here.

so, not to butt in on your thread, but i need some help. i have all the updates as well (PMA Pamco and the bike ran great with the battery. i have a capacitor and i want to wire it in the eliminate the battery, so i removed everything going to the starter and just wired it up in line where the batter was supposed ta go. i did it like every wireing diagram that is out there for it, but the bike wont start. ill kick and kick and im pretty sure im not getting spark and after a bunch of kicking the voltage at the capacitor is only aroud 1.5-1.8V. should i pre-charge the capacitor with the battery?

Great if i could get some advice. thanks

northwest_650,

Tell us what brand of PMA, regulator and capacitor you have as well as what model bike and someone with that same setup can help you. Post a wiring diagram as well so we can see what your setup is.

Back