XS650 cafe style build

Final update today. Pipes are done and ready to ship by Gordon Scott
Can't wait to get them. Only thing I am unsure of is the bracket that goes up to shock mount to hold mufflers. Not sure I like the look of it in pics but will wait to see in person

image_zpsbcecd42f.jpg

image_zps1e898284.jpg

image_zps266645f7.jpg

image_zpsfbc40b06.jpg

Got my battery box yesterday. Made up by bradj from dotheton forum. $50 well spent. Mounted it up and welded it on. It only hangs down 1.5" below frame, so its not too much of an eyesore. My welding skills are pretty rudimentary but it gets the job done. My little shorai battery came from bikebandit and fits right in. Supposedly at 220 cca it should start the bike up using starter.

image_zpsb8bcc7ec.jpg

image_zps3324f285.jpg

image_zps38a8b5aa.jpg

image_zps1f04c7f5.jpg

More pics
Got he gordon Scott pipe mounted up, tightened down, etc.
Looks killer. Trying to decide on how to protect it. I'd love to do a clear ceramic coating on it and leave the bare steel look but not sure there is such a thing. Might do pipe wrap but I don't want to hear all the BS comments from the pipe wrap haters out there either. May just go with black ceramic coating on everything.

Also got the custom made fork brace mounted up too.my Avon tires were to tall for his standard sized one. The fork brace, frame, and motor mounts will be powder coated in the iron glimmer that is already on fork lowers and swing arm.

Still waiting on upholstery from new church Moto.

image_zpse644b294.jpg

image_zpsa9668655.jpg

image_zps5760b46a.jpg

image_zpsb8fdcb99.jpg

Let us know what you do with the pipes. I just put my GS high pipes on my similar build and am wondering how to finish them as well. I like the 750 tank on yours but it looks huge on my bike.

Got my seat back from ginger at new church Moto.
I cannot recommend her enough for upholstery. This is the second seat I had her upholster and the quality is second to none. I have seen a lot of custom bikes and have never seen a better quality seat. She does all the work for glass from the past too. I have no problems shipping my seat pans to her for work. She'll do tuck and roll, diamond pattern, leather, vinyl, piping, you name it.,

Metal seat pan is from house on fire industries.

http://newchurchmoto.com/

great looking build! i like the avon's but do you have any fitment issues? they look big as hell, lol!

Only fit issues are that the stock front fender doesn't work and gordon Scott had to make a custom fork brace that allowed for front tire clearance

Some long needed updates.
Got the tank back briefly from painter to have it coated with caswell sealer. Local auto body shop did coating for pretty reasonable amount.
Now it's back to painter for paint.
Used some pingel petcocks and adaptor plates on the xs750 tank.
I found a ignition that slides right down inside triple tree riser holes that I am not using. I also made a steel dash panel for the kill switch and starter button but its getting powder coated. Wiring is getting tidied up and then will wrap with tape and hide. Hope to have it running within a few weeks.

image_zps9f4cc23a.jpg

Back