XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Its a smooth quick easy process here. Anything over 25 yo its basically no questions asked, just fill out the paperwork they provide online and run the #'s yourself before going in.
Multi month wait for expensive State Patrol inspection then a minimum three year wait with "Bonded Title" (at further expense of course) here...its ridiculous, really.

I just titled a "bill of sale only" bike from a "bill of sale" state. The registration renewal paperwork from PO got the job done. There was wording on the back of the renewal instructing the process to new owners, other states.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 80 yamaha FB.jpg
    80 yamaha FB.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 27
I just titled a "bill of sale only" bike from a "bill of sale" state. The registration renewal paperwork from PO got the job done. There was wording on the back of the renewal instructing the process to new owners, other states.
Some states won’t accept Georgia BOS & registration. Pennsylvania being one.

Well, it is a historic model....being an 89 and all. :laugh:

No title = no bueno in my State.
Just my opinion, but why are so many people too lazy to just roll the bike out into the open to take their pictures? Does not have to have a pretty mountain view in the background, just not bunch of crap like this one!

Here's and example: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:3badecb6-580e-42cb-8cd1-424856148241

A little bit personal as this is my 883/1200 I have at a local shop that offered to post it for me. He will let people come and view it at his shop so I don't have to have strangers showing up at my house casing the place to see what else I have they might want to haul off when I'm not at home!

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but why are so many people too lazy to just roll the bike out into the open to take their pictures? Does not have to have a pretty mountain view in the background, just not bunch of crap like this one!

Here's and example: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/671943688185512/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:3badecb6-580e-42cb-8cd1-424856148241

A little bit personal as this is my 883/1200 I have at a local shop that offered to post it for me. He will let people come and view it at his shop so I don't have to have strangers showing up at my house casing the place to see what else I have they might want to haul off when I'm not at home!
Nice sporty. I agree with indoor pics being suboptimal. If a bike is in a garage with a steep approach or a gravel or grass approach there may be no easy way to safely get a non runner out and then back in.

Here's and example: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/671943688185512/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:3badecb6-580e-42cb-8cd1-424856148241

But for the hardcore searchers sometimes those crappy pics, bike mis-identified ads are where the deal is hiding... ;^)

But for the hardcore searchers sometimes those crappy pics, bike mis-identified ads are where the deal is hiding... ;^)
Guy on Ebay had two wheels and axles for Bell Helicopter ground handling... new. He put 'em in some obscure category (toys iirc) saying they'd make nice gocart wheels. Had no idea what he had. Got 'em for $50 delivered. Sold 'em on a week later for about 900 bucks iirc.

That’s how I scored the XS2. Tank and side covers and carbs were off so it looked like a parts bike and since most people only look at the pics and don’t read the ad I was able to get it after being listed for 14 hrs.

Guy on Ebay had two wheels and axles for Bell Helicopter ground handling... new. He put 'em in some obscure category (toys iirc) saying they'd make nice gocart wheels. Had no idea what he had. Got 'em for $50 delivered. Sold 'em on a week later for about 900 bucks iirc.
Once upon a time I spent a lot of time on eBay buying misspells. Receive package, take good photos, repack, list and ship. I made some money doing that. I remember a particular bargain for a Kowakski fuel tank.

Yeah, them old helicopters dont move around too well on skids without em. ;)👍

Back