Anyone know this build?

Wordman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I ran across this while surfing (recovering from surgery doesn't leave you much else to do), and while I would have done a few things a bit differently, I love the thing. Whoever built this put a lot of thought and effort into making a clean, useable ride. I'd love to find more info on it.

orange_bud_1.jpg

Is it just me or is the rear sprocket on the outside of the swing arm?:umm:
Chain guard is nice as well as the forks & trees.
Blue calipers and rotors with chartreuse lettering on a orange bike.:doh::yikes::shootme::wtf:

Translation:
Herbert, the years had the XS-650-shop in Stuttgart South, here offers one of its greatest treasures.

But why just XS 650? Yamaha released the XS 1, the first four-stroke this brand. The engine corresponded to a parallel twin British construction scheme. Legend Kenny Roberts raced with the XS 1974-75 then all of it.
Meanwhile, the XS is a cult moped - and one that can be particularly well converted into a cafe racer or chopper - what the rumschrauben halt

But back to Herbert's Orange Bud:

Nice two-cylinder, rebuilt with much love and effort, you see the result here - and of course with TÜV, all registered. Here are just a few examples: frame modified at bike barn, strut Koni, Spiegler brake system, Mikuni Vergase, engine at 10T km m. Clutch revised, etc.

Who wants to know exactly - or want to go look at the thing times - please check here for:

and of course with TÜV, all registered.

Interesting they mention the TUV. In Germany, every motor vehicle must be inspected for safety equipment (brakes, lights, horn etc.) as well as its structural integrity and mechanical fitness each year (or perhaps every second year) and the German government delegates that to a set of companies called TUV.

In the northern states, it’s TuV Nord, and in the south it’s TuV Sud etc. The system works well, but it does make modifying your vehicle somewhat more bureaucratic.

Back