Barn find 4k original miles with a backfire and ticking

On your bike it has two petcocks. Each petcock feeds each carb, there is a crossover tube between the carbs, so both petcocks feed both carbs. The amount of fuel flowing through each fuel filter don't mean much.
Running on just one cylinder is often a plugged up pilot circuit in the carb on the cold side.
www.amckayltd,com/carbguide.pdf is what you need to work on the carbs.
Too bad about the title. They can be a bitch to get.
Leo

Thedqg yeah I'm going to go through Vermont, I hear good things. Doesn't seem all that much of a hassle.

Well the bad news... I didn't get any photos before I went ham and decided to pull the engine.

The good news... I've found my problem. Engine came out fairly easy and besides that slippery snake of a cam chain dropping down inside the case (which I fished out) and the insanely stuck cylinders we are ready for new gaskets (was leaking a bit) and my zero compression left cylinder has an answer.

IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/58ff06dd0498733bd01e33bd4929dd9a.jpg[/IMG]

There is it! Both valves on the left not closing all the way, build up a assume but I'm tapping out for tonight until tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the help.

4aad5ff341bbee0bc31020ace7630b42.jpg

Well the bad news... I didn't get any photos before I went ham and decided to pull the engine.

The good news... I've found my problem. Engine came out fairly easy and besides that slippery snake of a cam chain dropping down inside the case (which I fished out) and the insanely stuck cylinders we are ready for new gaskets (was leaking a bit) and my zero compression left cylinder has an answer.

51cd85977c4bb9a342c5204ea4f76e22.jpg

There is it! Both valves on the left not closing all the way, build up a assume but I'm tapping out for tonight until tomorrow. Thank you everyone for the help.

Pic did load

A common cause is going fire before you take lots of time cranking the engine plugs out rust buster then oil on valve stems in cylinders etc. checking lubing valves cam chain etc. 2 valves sat open all those years, very common for rust to form on the stem and hang the valve if you don't spend the time to get them free and juicy first. I might be able to cough up a valve. Sorry but we've seen this before.

Yeah I've been reading all about what causes it... Hard way to learn but I dam well know now. A shame but I am certainly learning.

good you checked. On the ebay item you could use those valves in your head but the head and tappet cover need to kept as a set. Just be aware that it's a bit of crap shoot no telling what those valves will be like.

GggGary yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm gonna check the local bike junkyard first unless you might also have a intake valve I could buy

Back