Clicking Sound from Front Wheel

Gazont

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have a clicking sound coming from what appears to be the front, right wheel. Any ideas? Wheel bearing maybe?

It probably starts around 25 miles per hour or higher. It doesn't seem to change pitch / loudness due to higher / lower RPMs. Nor does speed seem to really make it "worse". Though it's honestly hard to really tell sitting on the bike.

It's just always there. It is not there when I'm stopped, going under 25 miles per hour, or going faster than 25 miles per hour with the clutch pulled in.

It could be coming from elsewhere. Could it be something engine related?

No change in frequency/volume with RPM points to a whel problem. If is is the wheel, there isn't much it could be, so troubleshooting should be straight-forward.

Raise the front wheel off the ground somehow and give it a spin by hand. Could be a brake disc/caliper issue (check for loose fasteners), a wheel bearing, the speedometer drive (even if you don't have a speedo cable attached), or a loose/broken spoke (if you have spoked wheels).

Front right wheel? you got two front wheels? Or do you mean right side of front wheel? Could be the bearing, maybe broken spoke, Check it over.
Leo

Front right wheel? you got two front wheels? Or do you mean right side of front wheel? Could be the bearing, maybe broken spoke, Check it over.
Leo
Fair enough, I guess I had that coming. This being a forum for a specific motorcycle - yes, the right side on my front wheel.

Osteodern, I didn't even think of the speedometer. I'm leaning towards that - I'll disconnect it and see if it stops.

Back