Wanted - Cobalt Blue Left Sidecover for 1979

Nortonguy

Serial bike owner
Reaction score
Yeah I know I'm probably looking for a unicorn here but the left sidecover on my Std 1979 XS 650 2F has some battery acid damage and I'm trying to keep the bike pretty much original. I think trying to get painted and matched will be a headache, so I'm casting the net to see what's out there.

GGGGGary? anyone?

Sorry I'm looking for that one too! I have an old classified up somewhere LOL.

It does help, I'll pass it along to my paint guy and see if he can make it work. If you say it matched that's a big help. I haven't seen any paint codes for the Cobalt blue.
Where did you get the paint??

You would have to check Kingwj's posts on the old 650rider site.
I'm not sure if he said where he it got it. But he had the bike before and after and was satisfied it matched?
gggGary had a set of tins repainted but again that is about all I know about that.

I've kept the thread(paint codes) in the back of my mind in case.
But have kept the kept the original paint and patina on the "F".
By the way after the wet sanding you tank sure pops!

Wrong ones

Attachments

• 20151126_173504.jpg
    20151126_173504.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
My repaint set was done by bluemoon kustoms he used a ford color. I had the color number somewhere but lost a bunch of my old emails (my filing system).

I have a decent stock painted set EXCEPT for the LH side cover which was poorly rattle canned dark blue. I know of a good LH cover with stock paint and emblem but I would have to buy the whole bike. (daily runner+) and that would kind of leave me in the same spot. :shrug:

Back