Crankshaft Weight?

Robbo

Robbo
Reaction score
G,day, Im in the process of looking to buy a replacement crankshaft for my 79 special, and because I live in australia and the majority of cheaper parts being in the USA I need to know the weight of a complete crankshaft including rotor? so that I can work out the cheapest possible shipping option.. Thank you in advance! Any help GLADLY accepted.. :)

Why don't you look in europe for a 533 crank complete with rods and pistons. The rods are 144mm. The american 447 motors have 130mm rods. The 533's run a little smoother. If you do the RD style alternator change you will save postage and get a more reliable system.

With a wooden box i made up, (12mm ply), the weight of the crank and con-rods, (no rotor), was 17kilo's.

Last edited:
I ship overseas all the time and a crank will fit in a large flat rate box and that will be the best price for you if FLAT RATE APPLIES IN YOUR COUNTRY
I just shipped one to Indonisia and it was $143.00

I tried using USPS Flat Rate to AU a while back for a rephased crank. In the US, I can ship up to 70LBS for about $15.00. The weight limit for AU was exceeded (35lbs, all packeged up and ready to go btw). Ended up costing me about $85-90 if I remember right

That's really not bad for overseas . I just broke down a complete motor and sending it in many boxes and just one large flat rate box was $149.00 some were higher some lower. I have shipped to AUS many times and around $100.00 bucks is correct. Years ago stuff went by boat and it was cheap NO MORE and customs lately have been a bitch. Some of my stuff has a month in time before it gets there. Just be careful
when you ship and use PAYPAL because some country's hold package until picked up by buyer and he pays duty and you can't track that he got it and he puts claim in and PAYPAL gives money back after 45 days. Happen to me twice in same country Part of selling overseas.
Take care HUGH

Thanks guys.. You all Rock! :) Some great advice and I Really appreciate every word.. Something that was mentioned was the rephased crank, now that Im doing a complete rebuild would I be better off going down the rephased route? Or just getting a good condition stock unit?

Contact HUGH (PUNKSKALAR) hes the man and yes they are worth every cent but get a cam from him two.
LATER GOOD LUCK
DADDYG

Back