cruza

cruza

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
xs rebuild

doing a rebuild on my heritage,and wondering ,can i eliminate the lighting reserve.also can any one reconise the 2 other objects in the pics, i think one is a cdi thingy ,which i dont need cause im on points, second smaller one was found on front of frame its a little plastis box thats fulla epoxy.plan, to comletely rewire woth new wire as simple as with battery and electric start.having problems with pictures,,cheers

Attachments

• Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 144
  • yam 002.jpg
    yam 002.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 124
  • yam 006.jpg
    yam 006.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 106
  • yam 008.jpg
    yam 008.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Yes, chuck the reserve lighting thingy as far away as you can. As far as the other box, it's not a cdi, but I can't remember for the life of me what it is. 99% sure I removed mine to. I also followed the wires that plugged into these right back to the harness and cut them off.
After you cut the reserve lighting out, one light at the back won't work. I believe you either have to run a new ground or hot wire to the brown wire. It isn't too hard to figure out which wire you need once the light isn't working.
I did mine 5 years ago which means I can't remember all the details.
By the way I really dig the looks of your bike! Let's see more pics!

You like that? What's with the fork gaiters? They're totally squished. Is this a new added damping mod, lol? And you're going to love your 1st ride in the rain w/ no front fender. I was quite amazed the 1st (and only) time I did it. That narrow focused stream of water hitting me right between the eyes ......

nj,cheers for the info ,lite res totally thrown,
dogger,thanks for the ups,bike is torn down to frame motor and junk after toay.ripped the whole beastie apart after viewing pics from the forum, hoping to add pics as it gets put back together.
5 twins guzzi stole indicators an front guard,bastard.gators are crap, hopeing to buy better ons from mikesxs.just waiting for the us $ to be kind, its a long way to the antipopes.:yikes:

waco,cheers. totally biffed whole wiring loom and going to rewire with diagrams at forum,simplfied version.

frames ripped and stripped, rebuilding battery box back guard etc,
question? any of you bobbers with the no. plate tail light off the back axiel,where do the wires go,cheers

Back