Daytona bars

jetero41

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
anyone have a photo of someone seated (riding position ) on an XS with Daytona bars?

Specially interested in wrist alignment. My Special bars seem to have too much parallelity ( is that even a word ) alignment ( at the hands ) with the bike l l as opposed to perpendicularity ( 5:30 am, this ain't easy ) - -

Am I close.
Thanks

My favorite is the Euro bend. They droop down slightly on the ends and are very comfortable.

EuroBars.jpg

+1 my heritage special has the bars with a very slight bend and my old wrists don't like them so much. Gotta say though I took her out for a 60 mile brisk run and the wind and hustling made them feel good. The heritage is stone stock except for the handle bars but I just can't bring myself to put a set of buckhorns back on her.

bars.jpg

Last edited:
The buckhorns suck. Too high to turned in. Keeps the elbows to close to the body.
I had a set of the super bike bars, too low and narrow.
I got a set from an ATV that are a few inches higher, wider and more pullback than the superbike bars. Love em. Made from heavier tubing so they are stiffer, vibrate less. I can use the mirrors while the bike is running.
If you have a salvage yard around, get a few different sets and use the ones that feel best.

Do these bars look stock to you guys? I'd like some like them, high but turned out too.

photo-41.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Do these bars look stock to you guys? I'd like some like them, high but turned out too.

photo-41.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Could be the photo but they look bent to me?

I picked up a set of old triumph bars at a swap meet for my stock 79 Special. They feel great and look good. The only things is the knurled section does not line up with the clamps so I make sure they are on real tight. So far no movement.

Back