Decided to post my CAFE build

Not to get off topic, here, but I don't think King Kenny worries about you remembering his last name correctly, as long as you get the "King" part in there. He certainly earned it, being unbeatable on equal equipment. In Europe he was known as "that damned Yankee". He used lines thought undoable on the track and he is the reason they outlawed more than 2 cylinders on the dirt tracks back then. The term King is hardly proper enough.

As for this bike, I've never been a canyon carver or cared for the look all that much. Yours is gorgeous and I'd be proud to have it in my garage. I just can't find anything not right on it. A tip of the hat to you, sir.

Thank you so much sir, I truly appreciate the kind words.

Been a while since an update but I was wondering how you liked that brake light? I was looking at the same one.

Been a while since an update but I was wondering how you liked that brake light? I was looking at the same one.

I like it for a brake and taillight but You definitely want to run some different blinkers. I came about 6" from the front end of an f250 because as we all know, Most drivers don't respect motorcycles. I immediately went home and put new blinkers on.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

No problem. I ended up in a brawl on the side of the highway after that incident. He almost killed me then turned around to come back and cuss me out, then shove me, then get the snot beat out of him before he got back in his truck with his 12 year old son, Sounds like he's being a great role model to his son right?

I guess he will think twice before doing that again. :D The side mount not the best place and not legal some states. Like mine up where drivers can see it. Hard to not see the 80 SG taillight. Nice bike looks great. :thumbsup:

I guess he will think twice before doing that again. :D The side mount not the best place and not legal some states. Like mine up where drivers can see it. Hard to not see the 80 SG taillight. Nice bike looks great. :thumbsup:

Thank you. After I put on a second set of blinkers up where the fender mounts were (I shave off the stock blinker mounts, Now my blinkers hold my rear fender in place) I haven't had any problems with people seeing them.

By the way, for anyone still following this thread, I got it out on the interstate Saturday, Has a slight front end vibration. I ended up seeing what it would do on a straight stretch. I had it running 125 (still climbing) with another bit of throttle left to turn. Should push 140 limits. I plan to fabricate and put a new seat bump style deal on it. I'd also like to put a steering stabalizer on too.

You could try a fork brace and see if it that helps. I installed the T-Kat one on mine but haven't had it up to speed yet for a real test. So far I have noticed a big improvement with the my whole front end, but it's hard to tell where that better feel is actually coming from and how its doing it in compariaon to the worn out stock parts. With all the improvements I've done to those stock forks( just about everthing) i didn't have that " part by part "expierimentation trial period. Now, like you, I would also like to put a steering stabilizer on .If you beat me to it, please post pics , especially of your frame / chaasis end mount side ,.and yes, I still find interest in your build thread.

Last edited:
I'll be looking into it. I'm running a stock fender, Chopped fender, but a stock fender nonetheless. I'll try tightening up the steering stem just a hair but would really like the stabalizer. Right now I'm trying to mock up some CBR rear sets I scored for free last year. Does anyone have any rearsets they could possibly trace a template and email me?

Back