First Tracker Make Over

Today I modified another R/side cover for the oil cooler and buttoned up the right side. Waiting on a Lithium ion battery compatible MOSFET 3 phase regulator so I can start the wiring process. Then it`s just down to the front wheel.
DSCN0155-001.JPGDSCN0158-001.JPGDSCN0161-001.JPG

I walked by the bike today, looked at it and decided the 1/2 mile exhaust has to go. I had the chrome TT pipes from my No Theme build so I installed them. Better but still no cigar.:thumbsdown: Maybe left side High Pipes similar to Gunn Design. Magneto is also on the left side.:shrug: All the electrical stuff I ordered will be here next week and I`ll get it wired up then the front wheel/brakes.
DSCN0165-001.JPGDSCN0167-001.JPGDSCN0168-001.JPGDSCN0169-001.JPGDSCN0166-001.JPG

I walked by the bike today, looked at it and decided the 1/2 mile exhaust has to go. I had the chrome TT pipes from my No Theme build so I installed them. Better but still no cigar.:thumbsdown: Maybe left side High Pipes similar to Gunn Design. Magneto is also on the left side.:shrug: All the electrical stuff I ordered will be here next week and I`ll get it wired up then the front wheel/brakes.
View attachment 222381View attachment 222382View attachment 222383View attachment 222385View attachment 222386
Gorgeous! Whatcha' gonna do with the 1/2 mile pipes?

I got the battery box mounted and the solenoid. Installed the reg/rec and hooked it up to the PMA. Still waiting on the ignition switch, fuse block, inline fuse holders and anything I had ordered that is at the mercy of ship (shit) partner. If I had the parts I would have had this all wired up by the weekend.:shrug: So much for that tidy work area.:shootme: Sure seems like I`ve done this before.
DSCN0177-001.JPGDSCN0180-001.JPGDSCN0181-001.JPGDSCN0178-001.JPGDSCN0182-001.JPGDSCN0183-001.JPG

Got the power source, starter solenoid, fuse block, horn relay, starter cable, ground cable, and ignition switch installed and wired. Cleco`s are gone and hopefully the box is in for good. Tomorrow I`ll start wiring up the handlebar control switches and lights, turn signals etc.:thumbsup: Seems like the battery box is getting smaller by the minute.:shrug:
DSCN0184-001.JPGDSCN0185-001.JPGDSCN0186-001.JPG

Finished up the wiring today. Starter, turn signals, horn, lights, brake lights etc all work with no Lucas burnt wire smell.:thumbsup: Tomorrow I`ll get some no alcohol premium gas and start it over the weekend. I waited 3 days for a black turn signal flasher. The one I had was orange and even though it would never be seen I just couldn`t bring myself to use it.:shootme: A tight squeeze to get everything in the box but it all fits. The number plate covers everything I did.:shrug: Now it`s down to a front TT spool with a brake system. Oct 15th is the last show of the year. I might actually be ready.

DSCN0187-001.JPGDSCN0189-001.JPGDSCN0190-001.JPGDSCN0191-001.JPGDSCN0192-001.JPG

I put some no alcohol premium in it today and started it for the first time since the 750 kit. (Thanks Jim):thumbsup: The Morris mag is foolproof, even I could figure it out.:shrug: I did remove the TT pipes and replace them with the 1/2 mile pipes because they need a rear hanger. Tomorrow might be the ceremonial trip around the block. :yikes: I took a video of the start up but I don`t know how to download it to this thread. I`ll probably have to get a 4 year old kid to do that.:umm:

I put some no alcohol premium in it today and started it for the first time since the 750 kit. (Thanks Jim):thumbsup:
That new starter gear and clip do OK?
How'd the starter do with the big bore kit in it?

I took a video of the start up but I don`t know how to download it to this thread. I`ll probably have to get a 4 year old kid to do that.:umm:
You have to put it someplace like YouTube first, then you link to it here..... a 4yr old told me that. :cautious:

It`s been a while. The Cheney Engineering front knock off TT spool came today. Top of the line stuff. All I need now is a tire, rim liner, tube, brake caliper, caliper bracket, braided line, master cylinder and a winning lottery ticket to pay for all this stuff. I`ll probably get another Counterbalance seat too.:thumbsup:
DSCN0294-001.JPG
DSCN0292-001.JPG

Back