Fork seal experience any good bad comments about brands?

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I want to order in some fork seals and dust covers for the herd and I am wondering if anyone has had good or bad experience with various brands and venders of fork seals? Action, leaks, longevity, fit?

All I've ever used were the MikesXS ones. They're the generic Parts Plus variety and are probably what you'd get if you had a local shop order you some. I have no complaints - they've always worked fine for me.

Parts Unlimited's "store brand" seals have always worked fine for me. I have used the "Leak Proof" seals a couple of times too. My only bad experience with seals was actually installer error.

Haven't done any XS yet,. when I was doing a lot of Kawi's, I used LeakProof Pro Moly often. Never any problems. As I'm sure you know, the secret is a smooth shaft. A little pit you can get away with, it's the raised edge nicks you have to smooth over.

I'm getting ready to install a pair of OEM Yamahas, which are still available from dealers. I'm going to use OEM rubber parts when they're available. Unless I know a proven and cheaper alternative.

Back