front brake hose

Are you sure about that length? It seems awful short. The 41" length Mike's offers is for stock higher bar bikes. When most of us switch to lower Euro or Superbike bars, we go with something about 32" to 36". You dropping the front 2" doesn't seem to justify another 10" to 12" shorter. But, if you're sure, Mike's offers a 24.5" line they label as a rear. That doesn't matter as long as the fittings on the ends are correct. You can use a line from any bike as long as the fittings match. Many of us use this 32" one with our low bars ......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201465631590?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This line is speced for an ATV but like I said, that doesn't matter. It has what we require, the proper 10mm banjo fittings on the ends. One end is also angled slightly. We need/want that for bleed nipple clearance down at the caliper end .....

BrakeHoseLowerFitting.jpg

That line works but what I don't like about it is the ends are not offset. They need to be about 90 degrees offset. Otherwise you have to twist it to line up.

It might slightly because the spacers displace more space in the forks now (not as much room for the oil). Best way to fill them would be by measuring to the top of the oil level, springs out, forks compressed, not by the normal measuring of a certain amount and pouring it in. A normal rule of thumb for the measuring method is not less than 6" from the top. Much higher than that could be too much and pop the seals.

received that hose ...good fit...little hard to wrangle the correct angle at m/c but all in all good shape. thanks for the help 5twins...!!

now to fill fluids and try her out. work has me tied up so maybe a week or so.

Back