Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Took the ole DT3 out for 75 mile ride today, 30 of which was on State ORV trails through very tight woods and mudholes. Forgot how much fun that can be (and tiring). Had to keep up with a fellow rider 25 years younger riding a much newer TT250 4 stroke. Fun fun...and she kept up!
DTs are interesting and most of the members here are green with envy.... If not, just carry on.:)

Is that with the 21" front? Wheelie machine!
Yes...the younger rider on his TT 4 stroker was quite surprised how I could climb hills, jump huge mangled tree roots in the trails, and romp through all the mud with power to spare. Then I rode past him on a wheely. He then asked "hey, can I ride that bike?" 😏 For about an hour I felt 18 again. My body is telling me otherwise tonight.

Optaco

576_optaco2.jpg

Well, it is a 125 twin...those early Honda twins, the 125, 150, 160, 250, 305, 350 and 450 from the 60's look like the same engine architecture.
I had 4 friends who had those CB92Rs...new sold for $495. I couldn't afford one, so I ended with a 1959 Triumph Tiger Cub. Friends also had 85cc 98cc Ducatis and 125 JBs and Jawas. A few had Labrettas and Vespas, really a melting pot of little bikes. Those CB92Rs are collector bikes now with asking prices of $20,000.

If you are into Husqvarna the sought after is among others the " Silverpilen " The Silver Arrow
that ruled before the Japs came and the cylinder volume for 16 year old riders was restricted to 125 cc

He is asking $ 2000 non original parts
fresh out of the barn been there since 1990 ,,just started. it

Parts are expensive and a fine one I know off has gone to the + $ 5000 dollar price range some years ago.

Another one

I can se the sales price at the auction $ 4150 cant see what year. I believe it is a nostalgia price setting not the ride itself.

There is an older one

Back