Last start.

toglhot

First class butcher.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Probably the last start up before tearing it apart for repainting. Sync was a little out, so I adjusted the idle a little. Tell you what, you don't have to turn the idle screw much to make a difference on the manometer. Mufflers do an excellent job of quieting the beast.

Last edited:

Attachments

• manometer2.jpg
    manometer2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 83
This thing is LOUD without mufflers. Alice equates the bike with thunder, so we call the bike 'Thunder'. Even with the mufflers on Thunder still scares the hell out of her. When I start Thunder up she rushes inside jumps on mum's knee and trembles. After I shut it down she continues shaking for a while, then comes outside to see me, rushes around excitedly, wagging her tail and jumping up on me. . Not sure if she's trying to rescue me from the nasty thunder machine or begging me not to start it up again.

Attachments

• 213232086_3042895772637115_8365780674863052268_n.jpg
    213232086_3042895772637115_8365780674863052268_n.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 58
Even with the mufflers on Thunder still scares the hell out of her. When I start Thunder up she rushes inside jumps on mum's knee and trembles. After I shut it down she continues shaking for a while,
I grew up with hunting dogs and some part of that is training them to not freak out from loud noises (i.e. shotguns). Unfortunately I don't remember what that training entailed. Soon I was purchased from the kennel by a nice family from the city and I left that bucolic corporeality behind.

I grew up with hunting dogs and some part of that is training them to not freak out from loud noises (i.e. shotguns). Unfortunately I don't remember what that training entailed. Soon I was purchased from the kennel by a nice family from the city and I left that bucolic corporeality behind.
I trained police dogs for 25 years, part of the training was accustoming dogs to loud noises, also part of my training was dog behaviour patterns and dog psychology. I was employed as an instructor at out Police Dog Training School for a number of years training recruits how to train dogs, understanding dog behaviour and a number of other subjects. I am well aware of how to train dogs, I am also well aware that some dogs will always be wary or scared of certain noises and other things they have or will encounter and no amount of training or conditioning will overcome that fear. It is related to early experience, early conditioning and early training.

One of my riding routes here goes past a house in the country that has a border collie in the yard. The smartest breed. Challenges almost all humans. I always wonder what he's going to do. One time he ran up beside the road and went in Mach speed circles chasing his tail. Today he ran straight for the road like he wanted to get run over. He knows he has to work and work hard, but he doesn't know what to do. Or maybe he does. Next time I'll stop and see what advice he has.

Sure. But why not ride it?

Because he chooses not to??
Why your obsession would be the better question. He stated from the beginning his objective. BUILDING the bike. And he has done so with incredible craftsmanship. A well designed and beautiful bike.
No it is not yet complete.
He's outlined his plan and it appears he is following it.
Your inexplicable attempt to denigrate him or his build is having the reverse effect.

Your inexplicable attempt to denigrate him or his build is having the reverse effect.
No, the attempt here is to denigrate me, and it's just amusing. He says he will never ride it, which of course DOESN'T beg the question why not? Speculating why, and then asking why isn't obsessive. If I kidnapped him and forced him to say why then that would be obsessive :)

He says he will never ride it, which of course DOESN'T beg the question why not?
But you didn't ask why not, you just decided to be a dick instead....

There's only one reason you'd never ride it. You don't know how to ride. Very interesting.

Jump to conclusions much.... dick?

Back