Mailmans XS2 , the rebuild.......again

What I have learned:
To err is human,.. to really foul up you need a computer!
(or two different length screws in close proximity to one another)
yeah that too...Years ago when i was an avid downhill skiier I had a tshirt i bought at at ski resort on the shirt is a skier airborne the caption on the shirt said " To Air is Human..To Ski is Divine."..So that where I got that...

Well Bob while your learning so am I
I hate to see you in this situation but hopefully I'll remember what to do and not to do
I have to bookmark this thread
Hang in there and we'll be watching and learning
Yeah Bob! Your problems are a service to the community. If your bikes are running trouble free, we don't get as much benefit from your expertise. So keep on keeping on. We're all in your corner!

Something I needed to take care of before I begin assembly. When I built my motor before, I sprayed the case with silver high heat paint and then clear coated it. Well the clear coat yellowed and I hated the way it looked, also the silver paint was a satin, which looked right to me, but the clear was super shiny and I never really liked that look. So....I cleaned, sanded and re shot the case with just silver...no clear.
A497D3F9-5271-4208-8DB2-478219A7430C.jpeg FFE178E0-7724-4D61-86E9-12938964FB5B.jpeg C652031B-69BD-4BA0-8678-8E070DDCDA28.jpeg 735EA70C-56A7-4C01-8437-DFD84C78775A.jpeg
There, much better! ;)

Something I needed to take care of before I begin assembly. When I built my motor before, I sprayed the case with silver high heat paint and then clear coated it. Well the clear coat yellowed and I hated the way it looked, also the silver paint was a satin, which looked right to me, but the clear was super shiny and I never really liked that look. So....I cleaned, sanded and re shot the case with just silver...no clear.
View attachment 184441 View attachment 184442 View attachment 184443 View attachment 184444
There, much better! ;)
Your a real go getter I might have just walked away from all of what happened
But when they give you lemons......

Well Bob while your learning so am I
I hate to see you in this situation but hopefully I'll remember what to do and not to do
I have to bookmark this thread
Hang in there and we'll be watching and learning
There is a tragedy inherent in your current experience Bob. It has to do with paying for other people's mistakes. God is dealing you an unfair hand but you are rising to the occasion and looking for opportunities to maximise the appearance of a motorcycle that should, right now, be parked outside your local watering hole following a pleasant meander through the Arizona country-side. Oh well..... sh#t happens but, as a Catholic, I would get me to a religious institution of your choice and pray for forgiveness 'cause some this sh#t is bordering on biblical.
Courage and patience - we are all feeling it with you.

I have, and I’m going to go with my repair. I feel good about it and the repair is completely hidden under the cap. Besides, I don’t even have the tank anymore, it’s in Kansas City. :cool:
Bu...bu...but... you sure Bob?:cautious:
OK.... I think we can put this one to bed. A little unscientific for my liking.... but I think it's a valid test. Lets let this sleeping dog be. :smoke:

PXL_20210207_033813157.jpg

PXL_20210207_033752856.jpg

Last edited:
Back