need help from a carb guru...

+1, the height is set with the float just touching the spring, not with the spring depressed.

Noted guys...

Gary, all I have on the bottom of my bs34 carbs to do the clear tube test are the drain screws...M8x1. Where did you find an M8 with a barb or other connector to connect a hose to? I've looked quite a few places. Or are you just stuffing a hose tightly right in the drain hole?

Oh you must have an early 80, after that BS34s have connectors for drain or sight tubes. Bummer, it makes it harder for sure. Let me chew on it for a few minutes and see if I get any smart ideas.

Yeah...1981...I'm thinking about getting an M8 set screw and just drill it out..screw it part way in and just push the hose over the other end...

Thought i would have found an M8 w/connector but plumbing depts. seem to have all standard.

which means I won't be doing it tonite....bummer...

please send pics of the bottom of your carb bowls. I've never seen a nondrain type.

LOL...mine drain, they have an M8 drain SCREW, but not a connector for a drain TUBE, as Gary is referring to on the later bs34s so that I can do a visual site test on my fuel height in my bowls.

Just making a note to myself for this thread. Compression test, plugs out carbs off...right side 152 left side 156.

Gary, I drilled out some 8mm allen set screws and did the clear tube site test on the bowls...left was a bit high, readjusted...now its a bit low..I'll fine tune it, put her together and see what happens.

If you have the 8mm drain bolts on your bowls, either the bowls came from a 1980 carb set or the carbs are from a 1980. The bowls with the drain screw angled in from the side and the nipple pointing down for a sight tube started in '81. Do you have brass floats? That's an '80 BS34 only thing.

teah...they are brass. Bike is def an '81, but has had a few PO's, so there is no tellin...

BTW...yeehah, put er back together and went on a short test run with no foul on left cylinder. And she sounds wicked sic! Going on a longer ride to make sure tho....

Back