Oh, please why did they do this?!?!

kinda odd, i mean.. if you are going to put that much time into a fake harley.... just build a real one?

the other one, whats wrong with that? looks quite similar to a bunch of the bikes on here.

The silver one is a 78SE or 79SF, Rear disc brake, side-covers and gauges give it away the engine is painted black so could be from an 82.

i think the "sprocket thing" is his custom floorboard. I really like those old harleys. and i really like Xs 650s. just.. not... together...

minus the hardly emblems the bike looks pretty good IMO.

00000_aId65RrHrfL_600x450.jpg

The pipes look BADASS too.

Yes and no. The idea is GREAT, the execution, not so great. Slightly wrong angles where they meet. I would have brought it up and tighter, and more rounded bends, not edgy like they are now. the fishtail is a nice touch though!

Here's a couple XS650s in my area for sale.
No offense, but these aren't all that...

http://utica.craigslist.org/mcy/4253921810.html

That's not too vile. Not a sight for sore eyes, admittedly, but an absolute eyebath compared with the next one.

http://utica.craigslist.org/mcy/4242078581.html

Oh, I can just imagine the fun the family had with that...
"Well, Granpaw useter be a chopper-ridin' outlaw back in the day when he and his buddies all had some old British and Jap machines and chopped and bobbed them, and eventually his got put at the back of the barn and left. This was the motorcycle he proposed to Granmaw on and it has a great deal of sentimental value to him. So it seemed such a good idea to take his old chop and bring it up to date with some look-alike Harley parts. We couldn't get the right bits, but found some old bits of tractors and other machinery lying around. Harle down at the grainstore was really helpful, saying we could strip whatever we wanted of the abandoned feed mill.
We did all this as a surprise to Granpaw -he didn't have a clue we wiz doin' it, working up the other end of the lot. When we showed him it one day after dinner, he was ever so grateful and happy, overcome with joy, we could tell - the tears were streaming down his cheeks and he could barely speak. It was just about then he had his stroke, poor old boy."

Back