one Front Turn Quit working

Orion61

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my bike 30 yrs ago it had the signals stripped like so many did,:doh:
I replaced the rear with stock but couldn't find front ones in my small town,:banghead:
No Internet back then. I did have an old Honda 360 that has some weird Handle bar mounted front flashers so I robbed them,:
I mounted them and life was good. I finally found a stock front set and put them on,
Now both rear ones still work and left front does but right front does not.:banghead:
I have a 1975 650. I did this before I parked it and haven't messed with it because I got
hurt at work very seriously, I have had 7 Surgeries including a complete R knee rpl..
God I hope I can ride again!!!, Wish I could transplant the kicker over to the left but thats another story,
Any tips on the R F sig. The right rear lights but does not flash.. HHHAAALLLPPP:bow2::bow:
Thanks,
Larry

When I bought my bike 30 yrs ago it had the signals stripped like so many did,:doh:
I replaced the rear with stock but couldn't find front ones in my small town,:banghead:
No Internet back then. I did have an old Honda 360 that has some weird Handle bar mounted front flashers so I robbed them,:
I mounted them and life was good. I finally found a stock front set and put them on,
Now both rear ones still work and left front does but right front does not.:banghead:
I have a 1975 650. I did this before I parked it and haven't messed with it because I got
hurt at work very seriously, I have had 7 Surgeries including a complete R knee rpl..
God I hope I can ride again!!!, Wish I could transplant the kicker over to the left but thats another story,
Any tips on the R F sig. The right rear lights but does not flash.. HHHAAALLLPPP:bow2::bow:
Thanks,
Larry

The stock type signal lights, need to have a low resistance path through the sockets and bulbs. Quite often corrosion occurs inside the sockets, which gives high resistance. Remove the bulbs, clean the bulb base, then inspect the socket and clean up any dirt/corrosion you find. Also remove and clean up the ground connection at the mounting rod of the signal.

I would swap bulbs to see if its not something simple like a burnt out bulb. Then check and see if youre getting power to the signal. If not, start checking the wires.

Are these fused? I have checked all above and am getting no voltage to the wire, I
haven't pulled the bars and stripped the wires out of it.
Is there a connector, or a fuseable link that could have blown?

Are these fused? I have checked all above and am getting no voltage to the wire, I
haven't pulled the bars and stripped the wires out of it.
Is there a connector, or a fuseable link that could have blown?

If the right rear is working, then you should have voltage available to the right front, since they come from the same source. Look for broken wires or bullet connectors disconnected/corroded.

I was afraid of that! ARRGH, well I'm glad I bought a new multi tester with the needle points for testing through insulation without damaging it.. I still put a dab of silicone on the spot for prevention..
I have a busy Spring ahead of me..
You guys are the best! The 650 is the only bike for me.. I knew it the first time I rode one.
I had a Suzuki 1000 A Honda NightHawk, A Kau 3 cyl 2 stroker, CB 550/4, 750/4, 3 cyl Suzuki "WaterBuffalo" 2 stroke, (I did like that one wow did it get up and go but only got 30mpg)
Even had a Harley for one year. I still like my Yammer Hammer the best..
Friends
Larry

I'd have a hard time getting rid of an h2.....What a MONSTER! Hope you get it figured out.if the breaknturns out to be in the Main harness its some times easier to just run a new wire(doesn't look as good but gets the job done) that old tape is a bear

Back