Removing Clutch Centre Nut

This works. You can also reuse the plates:

clutch tool.jpg

No welding required. That's a genuine Stanley Tool "L" bracket with a couple of nuts between the holes in the bracket and the holes in the plate.

There is a fellow on you tube now that uses 3 small vices to stabilize the outer basket and the he wrenches off the nut. OK is done with care. Think I will take mine apart right now...it's just staring at me. I do have a tool though.

I use a Tusk brand clutch holding tool and a Harbor Freight 1/2” electric impact. Takes about 2 seconds to pop that nut off! :laugh2:
C565792B-523C-423B-9E88-F5D2372993DC.jpeg

That thing shouldn't be that tight.. Problem: after my 3PM coffee dose, logging on, reading the clutch tech section again AND knowing I have some 447 parts in the case...I can't get the chant of "There is nothing better than cubic inches" out of me brain. Gotta make it stop, I'm on a budget.

My Yamaha manual states 93 ft/lbs. on the torque back up. The nut I have is fits a 1 1/8".. TY. My Mike's "holder wrench" arm was welded on in the wrong spot...barely fits. :(...see how it goes so I can measure everything, thickness, warpage. Zap gun mucho better than braker bar and hip.

Last edited:
Back