Scorpion EXO-500 helmet Problem

Jan_P

Tool Owner
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a couple of Mishaps with helmets while taking on the scarf and glasses
The helmet falling off the saddle and landing in such a manner that the visor mechanism either breaks or don't work properly after that
Latest with a Scorpion EXO-500
This time the visor locks in place and it works and looks fine a couple of times opening and closing but the gap at lower side gets bigger and after ca 10 -15 it pops out / off
I cant see any real breakage at the mechanism Which I could the first time it happened on another helmet
But could not find the mechanism

I know that one should replace after such an event and it is not a premium brand helmet.
In fact I would not recommend it at this point in time If a light fall like that does it.
But I would still like to be able to use it .
Please give info if anyone knows where parts or solutions can be found.
I don't put helmet on the saddle anymore it stays on the ground. But a drop can happen .

IMAG0021.jpg

Even though you can’t find any damage to the visor mechanism, that just about has to be the problem, it’s the only moving part. That said I also looked around the internet everywhere I could think of including the Scorpion website, and I could not locate replacement parts. Maybe a call or email to Scorpion might produce some parts? A lot of times companies will surprise you with support.

Even though you can’t find any damage to the visor mechanism, that just about has to be the problem, it’s the only moving part. That said I also looked around the internet everywhere I could think of including the Scorpion website, and I could not locate replacement parts. Maybe a call or email to Scorpion might produce some parts? A lot of times companies will surprise you with support.

Thank You Sir ..
I have tried with the Importer here in Sweden but has not received any answer. But perhaps They are sending questions to the manufacturer
Most likely you are right there in the cause for the fault ---unless the visor itself has warped a bit.
If nothing else happens and the helmet is a write off --- I perhaps use a Hot air gun on the visor see what happens if I bend it a little

sissy bars work great if you have one

Gentlemen
I did get some Answers from 2 firms very good ones to
It turns out it was not the Mechanism ( Most likely ) Instead it was a locating pin on the visor
Broken off on one side. 6 o clock on the pictures
I should have seen that but i did not.

That locating pin goes in behind an edge and keep the visor tucked in

Many years ago I did cut my own visors from a sheet of plastic ..was it called Lexan
For a helmet Nava
So i Know things can be done.

A New visor is a bit Pricey and i am thinking of making a new pin
Either glue --Does anyone Know about what the road to success on that is what chemical
OR
Drill trough and put a screw with a nut on the outside.

Feel free to come with views

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 84
Back