Someone tried to hack my forum account

whynot2

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a message this morning that someone tried to sign in using my sign on and tried five times to enter the password. The site admin sent me a message and I appreciate their vigilance. Thank you.
I don't know why anyone would want to do that but my computer geek friend who does this for a living said it could be just someone trying all the doors to see if one is easy to get in.
Thanks again to our vigilant administrators.
WN2
I might have to change that to "whichIstillhad2".

Every once in a while I'll use the forum's "Who's Online" feature. Recently, I've noticed a lot of "guests" listed as "Viewing Member Profile", including that "Yahoo! Slurp Spider".

I thought that only registered members could do that?

Nothing to worry about. Just spammers trying to get into accounts. If your password is even somewhat decent, you'll be fine. Worst case they get into your account and send some spammy PMs to people. The only accounts they've gotten into so far had passwords like '1234' or 'password'.

I could require an image verification to log in, but people would hate that. I could disable the email. I already disabled all traffic from China. That helped but didn't quite stop it.

Back