1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

TCI Replacement 2020 It Works

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Team Junk, May 15, 2020.

1. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I like it. :laughing:

gggGary and GLJ like this.
  2. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

giphy (3).gif

gggGary, Team Junk and GLJ like this.
  3. Team Junk

Team Junk XS650 Guru XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Gonzo spreads it's tentacles hehe.

gggGary likes this.
  4. Team Junk

"signals the lady in the Gonzo to tell the computer that the magnet went by"

Here is a closeup of the lady. Notice the left hand that receives the electric shock generated by the pickup coil that tells her the magnet is there. After the fire signal from the computer she manipulates the points with her right hand.
    upload_2021-5-2_11-46-32.png

Scripto VU, GLJ, nj1639 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Team Junk

This is how the Gonzo works are far as I'm concerned. Could care less what is really in there. She seems to show up and do her job when ever the power comes up.

Signal likes this.
  6. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I might have fine tuned the timing when I set it up. Power? No. Not really. It certainly did not go down! MPG went down around 5 mpg. I blame that on 2nd OS Pistons and carb jetting after the top end rebuild. No regrets doing it. Super easy peasy and very affordable to do. Thanks to Jim for showing the Pre 80 guys it can be added to Standard bikes.

Team Junk likes this.