The reconstruction begins 1977 (Surprise)

Kinda thought you landed on the LH handlebar, mirror and those hard pointy parts caused the chest damage.
I think what I came up on was a low speed "high side", The bar put a short gouge in the dirt/gravel and Mikey was clear of the bike by a couple of feet. He bounced hard enough and maybe his recent cancer treatments left him a little more brittle. Good to see him stitched together.

Last edited:
I think what I came up on was a low speed "high side", The bar put a short gouge in the dirt/gravel and Mikey was clear of the bike by a couple of feet. He bounced hard enough and maybe his recent cancer treatments left him a little more brittle. Good to see him stitched together.
When it seemed apperrent that Mikey was upright, coherent, not injured significantly, (almost no road rash, back of his hands with minor scrape IIRC) and First Reponders were on site, I looked over the bike briefly, remembering it was a Mailman build (IIRC) and saw windshield and turnstalk and ear damage and maybe a muff scuffed. Soft luggage may have had some scuffs also. It is such a pretty bike I was happy to see the paintwork seemed undamaged and no case damage was visible. I am an Amatuer and don't see the whole picture and as a group on that ride, we were more concerned for Mikey, his comfort and the speedy response of the reponders.

Thanks Guys !!
I think my brain was a bit foggy that day ,I should have just taken the day off but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to go
Theres always next year

Back