Torque bolts???

Primary Gear, Washer and Woodruff Key:
Primary1.jpg

Primary1.jpg

Oil Pump Gear and Dowel Pin:

Oilpump.jpg

No, I don't think the key would stick out far enough to go through that slot in the washer. It's a pretty big slot too, much bigger than the key. I don't know what it's for, maybe visual inspection to make sure the key is engaged into the gear slot OK?
Also works well when the clutch housing is all assembled and you still need to put that key in.

Might be a couple of the brush holder screws protruding through the stator housing too far..

Yeah... it's outside where the brush runs. It'll still work fine. Did you make sure the screws are back where they're supposed to be?

Moving right along. Took my cylinders to get blasted clean today. As I bought this bike with everything above the bottom end in pieces, (cylinders missing and since replaced) who can tell me the standard numbers for cylinder/pistons on a stock 1975650xs. The cylinders I have read 010.

Attachments

• IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 33
You need to measure (or have measured) the liners as they exist now and account for any wear patterns or scoring to determine if std. bore pistons will be in-spec. The std bore pistons will have some variance as well.

You need to measure (or have measured) the liners as they exist now and account for any wear patterns or scoring to determine if std. bore pistons will be in-spec. The std bore pistons will have some variance as well.
Thanks jp. Would you recommend honing the cylinders first for an accurate measurement?

Back