Tubed tire on a tubeless rim.. without a tube??

It's the same place I bought my 09 Suzuki boulevard from so that's kinda why I thought I'd return to them for some more business. They have been great to me overall.
Thanks again everyone.

I think the question here should be does Shinko say the tires you bought are ok to run tubeless. Did you ask Shinko the wrong question?

that is what I was thinking as well...... perhaps a secretary answered the email and only repeated what she was told !
really hard to say but I am surprised that they said that !!!!!!!!! I thought all tires sold now days can be ran tubeless !
but then I have been proven wrong before ! LOL !..... Numerous times in fact ! , in fact so many times I can't remember them all.... ( you get the point I won't belabor the fact any more ! LOL ! :laughing:
Bob.......

He has a Shinko 240 classic tire which Shinko lists as a tube tire on their website and the tire says tube type on it.

it could be that they were manufactured 50 years ago too ! with the standards of the day OR made the exact same way to make them truly
a Classic tire...... I don't buy classic tires and they may well be a different animal than regular tires ! I have no idea ! seams strange to me that a new tire can't be used as tubeless ....period ! I guess they stamp it on there for a reason !!!!!!
Bob..........

LOL me either but you cannot trust Manufacturers to sell you Newly manufactured tires ...some times they set in storage for years before
being shipped out for sale....
I think it more likely that they made a Truly Classic tire ! unfortunately that includes the NEED for a tube ! LOL.....
hehehe live and learn !!!!!!
Bob.........

Ahhhh Gorilla snot is cheaper and easier to use just put it in through the valve core !
it coats the inside of the tire completely and you have no leaks !!!!!
its good shit ! I've used it many times on bikes, cars and even Gyros.... I don't know the proper name but it's neon green in the bottle at Tractor supply !....walmart.... and many places Flat fix comes to mind but I dunno for sure....Green goo maybe ??? HAHAHHAH !
....However in a pinch you can take out the valve core and using a piece of vinyl tubing Put it over the valve core and pour a can of condensed milk into the tire..... the thicker than Air liquid will seal many small holes and even cuts .... this is an old ranch trick as well as a dry horse turd into the radiator to stop radiator leaks ! ....don't laugh it WORKS !!!!!! HAHAHHA !
Bob.......

No,No ! you put the shit In the radiator ! ....
Used that method to plug the radiator in a gas powered D2 crawler back in the ancient days ! it worked ! it would leak out about a gallon an hour ...after the dried horse turds.... ( plural ) crumbled up and dropped into the radiator while the engine was running
it quit leaking for probably 3 or 4 years before a new turd needed added to freshen it up ! LOL
Seriously ! it really does work ! AHHAHAHAHA I know it sounds absurd but upon asking an old timer about using sage in a radiator
he laughed and said I just put an old dry horse nugget in there ! ya don't need sage boy !
.... I went home and tried it and I was delighted to find the old timer was right ! plugged the leak but good !
..... the fine things you miss out on by not being raised in the back of beyond ! LOL
..... things like Canned milk for patching tires, horse shit for patching radiators,where to rub your noggin for headaches , and where to look for those onery cows that got out ! .... not to mention how to split wood, feed the horses, cows,pigs, chickens and Dogs.and all the other endless work that needs done on a ranch ! ..... Now I remember why I left ! LOL too damm much work !
.....HAHAHAH!
Bob.........

Back